Pen Name: None Connection to Illinois: Puller lives in Chicago. Biography: JS Puller is a playwright and author. She has a master's degree in elementary education and a bachelor'sdegree in theatre from Northwestern University. She is an award-winning member of the American Alliance for Theatre and Education and is actively involved in researching the social-emotional benefits of arts education with the University of Chicago Consortium on School Research. When not writing, she can usually be found in the theatre. Her play, WOMEN WHO WEAVE, was published by Playscripts, Inc.
- """Captain Superlative"""
- -- Children’s Choice Award, Iowa, 2020-2021
- -- Notable Children’s Trade Book in the Field of Social Studies, NCSS/CBC, 2019
- -- Best of the Best Recommended Reading List, Kansas NEA Reading Circle, 2019
- -- Best Children’s Books of the Year, Nine to Twelve, Bank Street College of Education, 2019
- -- Sunshine State Young Readers Award, 2019-20
- -- Master List, Great Texas Mosquito List, Texas, 2019-20
- -- Bluebonnet Award, 2019-20
- -- ILLINOIS READS Book Selection, Illinois Reading Council, 2020
|Captain Superlative /
ISBN: 136800427X OCLC: 1004206345 Janey, a quiet outsider, is inspired by the eccentric and enigmatic Captain Superlative, a masked superhero who runs through the halls of their middle school, performing radical acts of kindness.
|The Lost Things Club /
ISBN: 075955613X OCLC: 1176318602 Visiting her lovable, younger cousin in Chicago over the summer, twelve-year-old Leah tries to help him recover from the trauma of a school shooting.