Heidi Bee Roemer
Born: 1957 in Chicago, Illinois
Pen Name: None Connection to Illinois: Roemer is a Chicago native. She grew up on a farm south of the city and now lives in the suburb of Orland Park. Biography: Heidi Bee Roemer has authored ten children's books. She has sold over 400 poems and stories to a variety of children's magazines and two dozen anthologies. Heidi has served SCBWI-Illinois, is a former instructor for the Institute of Children’s Literature, and mentors aspiring poets across the U.S. and Canada. She's been a writer-in-residence for Chicago Public schools and has given hundreds of presentations at schools, libraries and other literary venues.
- """Come to My Party"""
- -- Second Grade Reading List, Chicago Public School
- -- Best of the Best Books List, Chicago Public Library, 2004
- -- The Best Children's Books, CBC, 2005
- -- Best of the Year List, CBC, 2005
- -- Nominee, Great Lakesâ€™ Great Books Award, 2006
- -- Nominee, Monarch Award, ISLMA, 2007
- -- Nominee, Round Rock Texas ISD Readerâ€™s Choice, 2007
- """Peekity Boo - What You Can Do!"""
- -- Best Book of the Month, Amazon
- -- Christy Ottaviano Book, Henry Holt, 2019
- -- ILLINOIS READS Book Selection, Illinois Reading Council, 2020
|Come to my party and other shape poems /
ISBN: 0805066209 OCLC: 52749911 Henry Holt, New York : 2004. Poems that celebrate favorite things from different seasons of the year, each shaped like the subject at hand.
|Hide-and-seek on the farm :
ISBN: 1629799483 OCLC: 1011622457 "Lift the flaps for Hidden Pictures clues and find what is hiding all around the barnyard"--
|Peekity boo what you can do! /
ISBN: 1250122325 OCLC: 1040110522 Rhyming text follows a toddler's bedtime routine, from an energetic bath to choosing jammies, reading a book, cuddling with a favorite toy, and snuggling with loved ones before gently falling asleep.
|What kinds of seeds are these? /
ISBN: 1559719559 OCLC: 62766720 NorthWord Books, Minnetonka, Minn. : Â©2006. ""This delightful rhyming picture book tells the stories of nine different seeds in a fun-to-read riddle format"--Front jacket flap."--source other than the Library of Congress.
|Whose nest is this? /
ISBN: 1589793862 OCLC: 232983103 NorthWord, Lanham, Md. : Â©2009. Describes the many different types of nests found in nature, including those built by such creatures as hummingbirds, sea turtles, harvest mice, flamingos, alligators, and bees.