Michele Weber Hurwitz
Pen Name: None Connection to Illinois: Weber Hurwitz grew up in Skokie and currently lives in Buffalo Grove, a northwest suburb of Chicago. Biography: Michele Weber Hurwitz has a journalism degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and has worked as a publicist, freelance magazine writer, and newspaper columnist.
'''''Calli Be Gold'''''
- -- Best Books of the Year listing (a star for outstanding merit), Bank Street College of Education, 2012
- '''''The Summer I Saved the World...in 65 Days'''''
- -- Young Critics' Favorite Books 2014-2015, Perrot Memorial Library, Old Greenwich, CT,
- -- List of Top 50 books for secondary, Kiss the Book, 2015
- -- Starred Review, The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
- '''''Ethan Marcus Stands Up'''''
- -- IL READS Book Selection, Illinois Reading Council, 2018
|Calli be gold
ISBN: 9780375898235 OCLC: 639518190 Eleven-year-old Calli, the third child in a family of busy high-achievers, likes to take her time and observe rather than rush around, and when she meets an awkward, insecure second-grader named Noah and is paired with him in the Peer Helper Program, she finds satisfaction and strength in working with him.
|Ethan Marcus makes his mark
ISBN: 9781481489287 OCLC: 1022074503 In this story told from different perspectives, a high-energy seventh grader, his slightly older, serious sister, and their close friends enter an invention competition.
|Ethan Marcus stands up
ISBN: 9781481489270 OCLC: 972226278 Told from multiple viewpoints, well-behaved Ethan Marcus sets off a protest and leads a team in inventing a device to help students tired of sitting all day.
|Hello from Renn Lake /
ISBN: 1984896326 OCLC: 1104218784 In Wisconsin, as her adoptive parents open their lake cabins for summer visitors, twelve-year-old Annalise, abandoned as an infant and able to communicate with the lake, discovers a growing toxic algae bloom and teams up with her friends to save the beloved body of water.
|The summer I saved the world-- in 65 days /
ISBN: 0385371098 OCLC: 843955760 Inspired by her late grandmother, thirteen-year-old Nina spends a summer secretly doing good deeds for her neighbors and enjoying the changes she brings about, even as she is dealing with changing friendships and family issues.