Individual Author Record
Name: Allie PleiterPen Name: Allie Shaw (in 2000 & 2001) Genre: Audience: Adult; Young Adult; Born: 1962 in Darien, CT
-- Website -- http://www.alliepleiter.com
-- Allie Pleiter on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=allie+pleiter
Illinois ConnectionPleiter lives has a BS in Speech from Northwestern University in Evanston and currently resides in Villa Park.
Biographical and Professional InformationAllie Pleiter writes both fiction and non-fiction and is known for her inspirational romances. When she’s not writing, she’s knitting. Click [http://www.alliepleiter.com/destiknitions.html here] to connect to her knitting blog. Originating from Connecticut, Pleiter moved to the midwest to attend Northwestern University, and currently lives outside Chicago.
- Becoming a Chief Home Officer, Zondervan, 2001
- Facing Every Mom's Fears, Zondervan , 2002
- The Chunky Method: Your Step-By-Step Plan To WRITE THAT BOOK Even When Life Gets In The Way, AdventureStarts Press, 2016Stand Alone Titles:
- Bad Heiress Day, Steeple Hill Books, 2005
- Queen Esther and the Second Graders of Doom, Steeple Hill Books, 2006Love Inspired Series:
- My So-Called Love Life, Steeple Hill Books, 2006
- The Perfect Blend, Steeple Hill Books, 2007The Kentucky Corner Series:
- Bluegrass Hero, Steeple Hill, 2008
- Bluegrass Courtship, Steeple Hill, 2009
- Bluegrass Blessings, Steeple Hill, 2009
- Bluegrass Christmas, Steeple Hill, 2009
- Easter Promises: Desert Rose / Bluegrass Easter, Steeple Hill, 2010 - written with Lois RicherLove Inspired Historical Series:
- Masked By Moonlight, Steeple Hill Press, 2008
- Mission of Hope, Harlequin, 2010
- Yukon Wedding, Harlequin, 2011
- Homefront Hero, Harlequin, 2012
- Family Lessons, Harlequin, 2013
- The Doctor's Undoing, Harlequin, 2015The Gordon Falls Series:
- Falling for the Fireman, Harlequin, 2012
- The Fireman's Homecoming, Harlequin, 2013
- The Firefighter's Match, Harlequin, 2013
- A Heart to Heal, Harlequin, 2014
- Saved by the Fireman, Harlequin, 2014
- Small-Town Fireman, Harlequin, 2014Bridegroom Brothers Series: (Pleiter wrote the third book in a three book series. The first two books were written by two other authors.)
- The Lawman's Oklahoma Sweetheart, Thorndike Press, 2014The Lone Star Cowboy League: (Pleiter wrote the third and sixth book in the series. The other books were written by other authors.)
- A Ranger for the Holidays, Harlequin, 2015
- The Rancher's Texas Twins, Harlequin, 2017The Blue Thorn Ranch Series:
- The Texan's Second Chance, Harlequin, 2016
- Coming Home to Texas, Harlequin, 2016
- The Texas Rancher's Return, Harlequin, 2016
Titles At Your Library
Becoming a Chief Home Officer
ISBN: 0310237424 Zondervan. 2002 Provides guidance for moms choosing to shift from the workplace to the career of full-time motherhood, tackling the "whys" and the "hows" of this transition that strike at the core of a woman's concept of self, accomplishment, and worth. Original.
Facing Every Mom's Fears: A Survival Guide to Balancing Fear with Courage (Hearts at Home Workshop Series)
ISBN: 0310253055 Zondervan. 2004 Parenting Is a High-Wire Act Fear is a God-given instinct, compelling you to protect your children, but you need to harness it wisely. It's all a question of balance. On the one hand, you want to protect your children from life's real dangers. On the other hand, you don't want to smother them. The drop below can sometimes seem terrifying, but Allie Pleiter assures you that you can make it safely across the high-wire of raising your kids. You can be alert to life's dangers without being paralyzed by them. With humor, clarity, and plenty of personal examples, Pleiter explores the fears, both rational and irrational, that moms experience every day raising their children. Facing Every Mom's Fear brims with true-life stories from other moms and expert advice from the fields of social work, family therapy, psychiatry, and psychology. Best of all, this book digs deep into the Bible to help you meet your fears head-on with faith in God, the ultimate, ever-watchful parent. Learn how to embrace your fear and make it work for you. The courage you seek is already inside you, the balancing act is exciting and worth the risk---and you and your children will benefit. The Hearts at Home Workshop Series is designed to encourage, equip, and educate mothers who are at home or would like to be. Ideal for personal use, group discussions, and mentoring relationships, each book in this series includes questions for personal reflection and a leader's guide with discussion questions.
The Chunky Method: Your Step-By-Step Plan To WRITE THAT BOOK Even When Life Gets In The Way
ISBN: 0997298200 AdventureStarts Press. 2016 Can’t seem to finish that novel you’ve been writing? Want to write faster and get published but fear squelching your muse? Pleiter’s innovative Chunky Method offers practical, real-world productivity advice in an easy to read and inspiring workbook. Follow this bestselling novelist's step-by-step plan to identify your unique writing “Chunk” and wield it to create a solid plan that works “even when life gets in the way.” No matter what your writing style, The Chunky Method Handbook will help you chart an individualized path to your creative writing goals. The award-winning author of over twenty novels, Pleiter has been teaching her nuts-and-bolts tactics across the country for years to writers of all genres, ages, and experience levels. Filled with real-life examples, humor, honesty, and encouragement The Chunky Method Handbook is an essential resource for thriving in spite of all that the current market—and everyday life—demands from a writer’s creative energy.
Bad Heiress Day (Life, Faith & Getting It Right #3) (Steeple Hill Cafe)
ISBN: 037378533X Steeple Hill. 2004 Bad Heiress Day by Allie Pleiter released on Dec 28, 2004 is available now for purchase.
Queen Esther & the Second Graders of Doom (Life, Faith & Getting It Right #10) (Steeple Hill Cafe)
ISBN: 0373785569 Steeple Hill. 2006 Queen Esther & The Second Graders Of Doom by Allie Pleiter released on Jan 31, 2006 is available now for purchase.
My So-Called Love Life (Love Inspired #359)
ISBN: 0373873859 Love Inspired. 2006 A cartoon character is ruining my love life!
Yes, it's true. I'm the voice of Maggy Hoot, the wisecracking owl from the hit animated series Arborville. And as soon as any cute or eligible or even breathing guy realizes what I do for a living, the relationship is over before it's started.
I'm actually Lindy Edwards, a smart, educated woman who would really like to get past the third date with a nice Christian man without having to give a hoot-owl impersonation. Is that too much to ask?
The Perfect Blend (Love Inspired #405)
ISBN: 0373874413 Love Inspired. 2007 Opening a Christian coffeehouse in Seattle—
that was my dream. I wanted to call it
Maggie Black's Higher Grounds.
So when banker William Grey III denied
my loan, I was crushed. But then Mr. Grey
(who's a tea drinker—figures!) explained that
if I took his small-business course, the bank
might reconsider my application. It would
take the help of some of my fab coffee, but I
was sure I could stay awake long enough to
learn something. Besides, despite Grey's stuffy
facade, his velvety British accent could make
even financial analysis sound interesting.
Bluegrass Hero (Kentucky Corners Series, Book 1) (Love Inspired #458)
ISBN: 0373874944 Love Inspired. 2008 Kentucky horsemen clean up their act
Dust-covered men who smell like horses are the norm at Gil Sorrent's farm. Until a trip to Emily Montague's bath shop changes their lives. Suddenly, Gil's lovelorn farmhands are sparkling clean and attracting women instead of working! So Gil barges into the shop, surprised to find Emily, his pretty polar opposite, selling soap by the truckload. Suddenly everyone in town is not only cleaner—they're nicer. And when our bluegrass hero tries out the soap for himself, love-shy Emily better watch out!
Kentucky Corners: With God's helping hand, three shopkeepers ring up sales, surprises and love.
Bluegrass Courtship (Kentucky Corners Series, Book 2) (Love Inspired #482)|
ISBN: 0373875185 Love Inspired. 2009
The celebrity host of TV's Missionnovation, Drew Downing is comfortable with his fame. He's become accustomed to the cheering, starstruck townfolk that usually welcome him as he renovates churches countrywide. Usually. Then he and his crew set up in tiny Middleburg, Kentucky, t