Individual Author Record
Name: Nancy Ross RyanPen Name: Nancy DeRoin Genre: Non-Fiction Audience: Adult; Born: 1934 in Washington, D.C. Died: February 22, 2016
-- Nancy Ross Ryan on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=nancy+ross+ryan
-- Nancy DeRoin on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=nancy+deroin
Illinois ConnectionNancy Ross Ryan was the founder of Fresh Food Writing, based in Chicago, Illinois and specialized in food writing, consulting, recipe testing and development for a variety of clients. She co-authored two books about the historic Berghoff restaurant located in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional InformationNancy Ross Ryan was a writer with a flair for synthesis and a gift for revitalizing familiar subjects. Her broad knowledge of food and wine, food history and health and nutrition was acquired during a long career in food writing. She began writing for national newspapers and magazines. Before her marriage, she wrote under her maiden name, Nancy DeRoin. Later in her career, she edited and wrote cookbooks.
- Written under the name, Nancy DeRoin:
- Jataka Tales - Fables from the Buddha, Houghton Mifflin, 1975Written under the name of Nancy Ross Ryan:
- The Louisiana New Garde , Great Chefs Publishing, 1995
- The Berghoff Family Cookbook: From Our Table to Yours, Celebrating a Century of EntertainingAndrews McMeel Publishing , 2007 - written with Carlyn and Jan Berghoff
- The Berghoff Café Cookbook: Berghoff Family Recipes for Simple, Satisfying Food , Andrews McMeel Publishing , 2009 - written with Carlyn Berghoff
- 250 True Italian Pasta Dishes: Easy and Authentic Recipes , Robert Rose, 2009 - written with John Coletta
- Cooking for Your Gluten-Free Teen: Everyday Foods the Whole Family Will Love, Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2013 - written with Carlyn Berghoff, Sarah Berghoff McClure and Dr. Suzanne P. Nelson
Selected Titles At Your Library
The Louisiana new garde :
ISBN: 0929714644. OCLC Number: . .
The Berghoff family cookbook :
ISBN: 0740763628. OCLC Number: Andrews McMeel Pub.,. Kansas City, Mo. :. ©2007. On February 28, 2006, the Berghoff Restaurant closed its doors after 107 years of serving satisfying family-style meals in its historic downtown Chicago location.
The Berghoff Café cookbook :
ISBN: 0740785141. OCLC Number: Andrews McMeel Pub.,. Kansas City, Mo. :. ©2009.
250 true Italian pasta dishes :
ISBN: 0778802213. OCLC Number: R. Rose,. Toronto :. c2009. Presents 250 recipes for authentic Italian pasta dishes, covering meat, poultry, seafood, and meatless concoctions, and includes options such as baked and filled pasta.
Cooking for your gluten-free teen :
ISBN: 144942760X. OCLC Number: Andrews McMeel,. Kansas City, Mo. :. ©2013. For teens, a diagnosis of celiac disease or gluten intolerance can seem like the end of the world. This book is full of simple suggestions, tips and ideas for meals, snacks, and desserts that prove that giving up gluten does not mean going without --