Individual Author Record
Name: Don MarquisPen Name: None Genre: Born: July 29, 1878 in Walnut, Illinois Died: December 29, 1937
-- Don Marquis on DonMarquis.com -- http://www.donmarquis.com/
-- Wikipedia -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Marquis
-- Don Marquis on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=don+marquis
Illinois ConnectionDon Marquis was born and raised in Walnut. He attended Knox Academy (now Knox College).
Biographical and Professional InformationDon Marquis (pronounced "mark' wis" (British), not "mar kee" (French)) was an American humorist, journalist, and author. He was variously a novelist, poet, cartoonist, newspaper columnist, and playwright. He is best remembered for his humorous writing and creating the characters "Archy" and "Mehitabel".
- Danny's Own Story, 1912
- Dreams and Dust, 1915
- Cruise of the Jasper B, 1916
- Hermione and Her Little Group of Serious Thinkers, 1916
- Noah and Jonah N Cap'n John Smith, 1921
- Poems and Portraits, 1922
- Sonnets to a Red Haired Lady and Famous Love Affairs, 1922
- The Revolt of the Oyster, 1922
- Archy and Mehitabel, 1927
- Off The Arm, 1930
- Master of the Revels, 1934
- The Lives and Times of Archy and Mehitabel, 1940
- The Best of Don Marquis, Doubleday, 1946
Selected Titles At Your Library
Archy and Mehitabel,
ISBN: 0385094787. OCLC Number: Doubleday, Doran,. Garden City, N.Y.,. 1931.