Individual Author Record
Name: Rainer Lothar BroekelPen Name: None Genre: Audience: Young Adult; Children; Children; Born: 1923 in Germany Died: January 26, 2006 in Ipswich, Massachusetts
-- Rainer Lothar Broekel on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=rainer+lothar+broekel
Illinois ConnectionMr. Broekel was raised in Evanston, Illinois and taught Junior-High in Jacksonville, Illinois during the 1950`s.
Biographical and Professional InformationN/A
- The True Book of Tropical Fish, Childrens Press, 1956
- You and the Science of Mankind, Childrens Press, 1956
- You and the Science of Plants, Animals and the Earth, Childrens Press, 1956
- Volcanos and Other Disasters, Xerox Educational Publications, 1980
- Sixty Silly Jokes You Can Play on Your Friends,Scholastic,1984
- I Can Be an Auto Mechanic, Childrens Press, 1985
- I Can Be an Author, Childrens Press, 1985
- Optical Illusions, F. Watts, 1986
- Math A Magic, Number Tricks for Magicians, A. Whitman, 1989
- Shazam, Simple Science Magic, A. Whitman, 1991
Selected Titles At Your Library
Sixty silly jokes you can play on your friends /
ISBN: 0590324020. OCLC Number: Scholastic Inc.,. New York :. ©1981. Contains simple tricks, puzzles, and experiments designed to amaze readers with their curious and seemingly unbelievable results.
I can be an auto mechanic /
ISBN: 051601885x. OCLC Number: Childrens Press,. Chicago :. ©1985. Explains what an auto mechanic does, discusses important qualities such as manual dexterity and an ability to work with computers and math, and examines the special education and training required for such a career.
I can be an author /
ISBN: 0516018914. OCLC Number: Childrens Press,. Chicago :. ©1986. Describes the personal qualities, training, and tools necessary to be a writer.
Optical illusions /
ISBN: 0531102203. OCLC Number: F. Watts,. New York :. 1986. Explains how optical illusions trick the eye and fool perception and provides examples and instructions for readers to make their own.
ISBN: 0807549940. OCLC Number: A. Whitman,. Niles, Ill. :. 1990. Provides instructions for twenty magic tricks using numbers, with explanations of the mathematics behind each trick.
ISBN: 0807573329. OCLC Number: A. Whitman,. Morton Grove, Ill. :. 1991. A collection of magic tricks exploring fundamental science principles.