Individual Author Record
Name: Fern G. BrownPen Name: None Genre: Audience: Young Adult; Children; Children; Born: 1918 in Chicago, Illinois
-- Fern G. Brown on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=fern+g.+brown
Illinois ConnectionBrown was born in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional InformationFern G. Brown was an author who wrote books for children and young adults.
- Hard Luck Horse, Albert Whitman, 1975
- Racing Against the Odds, Robyn C. Smith, Raintree, 1976
- You're Somebody Special on a Horse, Whitman, 1977
- Jockey or Else, Albert Whitman, 1978
- Behind the Scenes at the Horse Hospital, Whitman, 1981
- Great Money Machine : How Your Bank Works, Burdett, 1981
- Our Love, Fawcett, 1986
- Valentine's Day, Scholastic, 1983
- Etiquette, F. Watts, 1985
- Amelia Earhart Takes Off, Whitman, 1985
- Horses and Foals, Scholastic, 1986
- Hereditary Diseases, F. Watts, 1987
- Baby-Sitter on Horseback, Ballantine, 1988
- Teen Guide to Childbirth, F. Watts, 1989
- Teen Guide to Caring for Your Unborn Baby, Scholastic, 1989 - written with Alan E. Nourse
- Franklin Pierce : Fourteenth President of the United States, Garrett, 1989
- James A. Garfield : Twentieth President of the United States, Garrett, 1990
- Owls, Scholastic, 1991
- Special Olympics, F. Watts, 1992
- Daisy and the Girl Scouts : The Story of Juliette Gordon Low, Whitman, 1996
Selected Titles At Your Library
Hard luck horse /
ISBN: 0807531596. OCLC Number: A. Whitman,. Chicago :. ©1975. Cristi must decide whether to save a handicapped horse even though it will mean she may never own it.
Racing against the odds :
ISBN: 081720119x. OCLC Number: Raintree Editions ;. Milwaukee :. ©1976. A brief biography of Robyn Smith emphasizing her struggles to become a jockey and gain acceptance in the racing world.
Our love /
ISBN: 0449700348. OCLC Number: Ballantine Books,. New York :. ©1986.
Jockey--or else! /
ISBN: 0807539449. OCLC Number: A. Whitman,. Chicago :. ©1978. His summer experiences at Lakeside Horse Farm convince Benjy he will never be a jockey; therefore, he sets more realistic goals that will still involve him with horses.
ISBN: 0531049086. OCLC Number: F. Watts,. New York :. 1985. Presents "new etiquette," which combines consideration for others with new ideas of honesty and sincerity, for use at home, at school, and in public.
Hereditary diseases /
ISBN: 0531103862. OCLC Number: F. Watts,. New York :. 1987. Discusses the causes, symptoms, and treatment of inheritable diseases such as cystic fibrosis, sickle cell anemia, Tay-Sachs, and diabetes and explores the field of genetic counseling.
Teen guide to childbirth /
ISBN: 0531152081. OCLC Number: F. Watts,. New York :. 1990, ©1988.
Special Olympics /
ISBN: 0531200620. OCLC Number: F. Watts,. New York :. ©1992. Describes the history and organization of the Special Olympics and explains how athletes and volunteers can get involved.