Individual Author Record
Name: Elia Wilkinson PeattiePen Name: None Genre: Audience: Adult; Born: January 15, 1862 in Kalamazoo, Michigan Died: July 12, 1935
-- Elia Wilkinson Peattie on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=elia+wilkinson+peattie
Illinois ConnectionPeattie moved with her family to Chicago when she was young.
Biographical and Professional InformationElia Peattie was a Chicago journalist, novelist and short-story writer. Peattie began her career as a reporter with the Chicago Tribune in 1884 and eventually held the influential post of literary editor of the Tribune from 1901 to 1917. She published hundreds of short stories and 32 books, including The Precipice (1914), perhaps her best novel. Others include Lotta Embury's Career (1915), The Newcomers (1916), and Sarah Brewster's Relatives (1916). She was the mother of naturalist Donald Culross Peattie.
- The Story of America, Containing the Romantic Incidents of History, R.S. King, 1889
- A Journey Through Wonderland, Rand McNally, 1890
- The Judge, Rand McNally, 1890
- With Script and Staff, A Tale of the Children`s Crusade, A.D.F. Randolph and Company, 1891
- The Pictorial Story of America Containing the Romantic Incidents of History from the Discovery of America to the Present Day, American Publishing and Engraving, 1895
- Our Chosen Land, A Romantic Story of America, Wabash Publishing Co, 1896
- The Precipice, 1914
- Lotta Embury's Career, 1915
- The Newcomers, 1916
- Sarah Brewster's Relatives, 1916