Individual Author Record
Name: Catherine WoolleyPen Name: Jane Thayer Genre: Fiction Audience: Adult; Children; Born: 1904 in Chicago, Illinois
-- Catherine Woolley on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=catherine+woolley
Illinois ConnectionBorn in Chicago, Ms. Woolley grew up in Passaic, N. J. , then attended Barnard College and the University of California, Los Angeles, earning her bachelor's degree from U. C. L. A. in 1927
Biographical and Professional InformationCatherine wrote 86 books for children, many of which (The Blueberry Pie Elf and The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy for Christmas) have become classics. She was so prolific that her editor suggested she publish some of her works under a pen name. Thus, Catherine authored picture books under the name of Jane Thayer, while writing books for older children and adults under her real name.When the Truro Library opened its new building in 1996, it named its children's room after Ms. Woolley.
- Read Aloud Funny Stories (Illustrated by Crosby Newell) , Wonder Books, 1958
- The Little Car That Wanted A Garage, Wonder Books, 1952
- Ginnie And the Mysterious House, William Morrow & Co., 1958
- Ginnie And the New Girl, Scholastic Book Services , 1965
- Libby's Uninvited Guest, William Morrow & Co., 1970
- Libby Looks for A Spy, William Morrow & Co., 1968
- Ginnie And THe Mystery Light, William Morrow & Co., 1973
- A Room For Cathy (Illustrated byVeronica Reed) , Scholastic, 1975
- Ginnie's Baby-Sitting Business , Scholastic Book Services, 1981
- Writing for Children, Plume, 1991
Selected Titles At Your Library
The little car that wanted a garage.
ISBN: 0448131757. OCLC Number: Wonder Books. New York,. [1974, ©1952]
Ginnie and the mystery light /
ISBN: 0688300707. OCLC Number: W. Morrow,. New York :. 1973. While spending the Christmas holidays with a friend in South Carolina, Ginnie determines to discover the source of a mysterious light in the neighborhood.