Individual Author Record
Name: Albert BrittPen Name: None Genre: History Non-Fiction Audience: Adult; Born: 1874 in Utah, Illinois
-- Albert Britt on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=albert+britt
Illinois ConnectionBritt was born and educated in Illinois. He lived in Cameron.
Biographical and Professional InformationAlbert Britt was an educator, historian, and author. He began his career in 1900 as an editor of magazines. In 1925 he became the president of Knox College in Galesbury, Illinois, a post he held until 1936 when he joined the Associated College of Claremont as a professor of history.
- Only the Brave are Free (With Donald R. Richberg), Caxton, 1958
- Ellen Browning Scripps: Journalist and Idealist , Scripps University Press, 1960
- The Hungry War, An Account of The American Revolution , Barre Gazette, 1962
- Turn of the Century, Barre, 1966
- Great Indian Chiefs, Irvington Publishers, 1982