Individual Author Record
Name: Ernest Edward TuckerPen Name: None Genre: Non-Fiction Audience: Adult; Young Adult; Born: 1919 in Chicago, Illinois
-- Ernest Edward Tucker on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=ernest+edward+tucker
Illinois ConnectionErnest Tucker graduated from the University of Illinois. Ernest is the son of writer and clergyman Irwin St. John Tucker.
Biographical and Professional InformationErnest Tucker began his career with the Chicago American Publishing Co. as a copy reader, 1938-41,he then became a feature writer diring 1945-48, a columnist, 1958-62, a city editor, 1963-69, and finally assistant managing editor, 1969. He was also a member of faculty of Medill Campus of Northwestern University, 1950-60.
- Portugee Phillips and the Fighting Sioux , Harper & Row, 1960
- Dan Morgan: Rifleman, Harper & Row , 1962
- Grant Marsh, Steamboat Captain, Harper & Row, 1964
- Soldiers And Armies (With W.T.Mars), Lothrop, Lee And Shepard, 1965
- Story of Fighting Ships, Lutterworth, 1969
Selected Titles At Your Library
The story of fighting ships :
ISBN: 0718813685. OCLC Number: Lutterworth Press,. London :. 1969.