Individual Author Record
Name: Oscar Devereaux MicheauxPen Name: None Genre: Non-Fiction Audience: Adult; Born: 1884 in Metropolis, Illinois
-- Oscar Devereaux Micheaux on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=oscar+devereaux+micheaux
Illinois ConnectionMicheaux was born on a farm in Southern Illinois.
Biographical and Professional InformationOscar Micheaux was an author, film director and independent producer of more than 44 films. He is regarded as the first major African-American film maker, and the most successful African- American filmaker of the first half of the twentieth century. After a failed marriage and financial ruin, Micheaux decided to become a writer. He ultimately wrote seven novels and produced films until his death at age 67.
- The conquest; The Story of a Negro Pioneer (Originally published in 1913), Nabu Press, 2010
- The Forged Note: A Romance Of The Darker Races (1915) , Kessinger Publishing, 2008
- The Homesteader: A Novel (1917), Kessinger Publishing, 2010
- The Case of Mrs. Wingate, AMS Press, Inc., 1933
- The Wind from Nowhere (1944), Ayer Co. Publishing , 1975
- The Story of Dorothy Stanfield, Based on a Great Insurance Swindle, and a Woman (1944), Book Supply Company, 1944
Selected Titles At Your Library
ISBN: 1177780801. OCLC Number: Nabu Press,. [Place of publication not identified] :. 2010.
The case of Mrs. Wingate /
ISBN: 0404114040. OCLC Number: AMS Press,. New York :. 1975.
The wind from nowhere.
ISBN: 0836991095. OCLC Number: Books for Libraries Press,. Freeport, N.Y.,. 1972.