Individual Author Record
Name: John Champlin GardnerPen Name: John Gardner Genre: Audience: Adult; Children; Children; Born: July 21, 1933 in Batavia, New York Died: September 13, 1982
-- Wikipedia -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gardner_%28novelist%29
-- John Champlin Gardner on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=john+champlin+gardner
Illinois ConnectionJohn Gardner was on the faculty of Southern Illinois University at Carbondale from 1965 to 1974.
Biographical and Professional InformationJohn Gardner was a well-known and controversial American novelist, critc and university professor, best known for his novel ''Grendel'', a retelling of the Beowulf myth. His books frequently reflect his backgound in medieval literature.
- The Resurrection, New American Library, 1966
- The Wreckage of Agathon, Harper, 1970
- Grendel, Knopf, 1971
- The Sunlight Dialogues, Knopf, 1972
- Jason and Medeia, Knopf, 1973
- Nickel Mountain, A Pastoral Novel, Knopf, 1973
- The Construction of the Wakefield Cycle, 1974
- Dragon, Dragon and Other Tales, 1975
- Gudgekin The Thistle Girl, 1976
- October Light, Knopf, 1976
- In the Suicide Mountains, 1977
- The Life and Times of Chaucer, 1977
- On Moral Fiction, 1978
- Freddy`s Book, Knopf, 1980
- Mickelsson`s Ghosts, Knopf, 1982
Selected Titles At Your Library
A child's bestiary /
ISBN: 0394834836. OCLC Number: Knopf :. New York :. ©1977. A collection of humorous verses about animals, friendly or otherwise.
Dragon, dragon and other tales /
ISBN: 0553150677. OCLC Number: Bantam,. New York :. 1978, ©1975. Four fairy tales featuring a dragon, a giant, a cunning mule, and a little chimney-girl.
Dragon, dragon, and other tales /
ISBN: 039493122X. OCLC Number: . . Four fairy tales featuring a dragon, a giant, a cunning mule, and a little chimney-girl.