Individual Author Record
Name: Al TudymanPen Name: None Genre: Fiction Non-Fiction Born: December 1, 1914 in Cook County Illinois
-- Al Tudyman on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=al+tudyman
Illinois ConnectionTudyman was born in Cook County Illinois and attended Northwestern University. He taught in Westchester, Illinois and was a principal there. He was the assistant superintendent in charge of special education for the Board of Education in Cook County, Illinois.
Biographical and Professional InformationWhile in Illinois, Tudyman was a teacher, principal and was on the Cook County Board of Education. After moving to California, he was the director of special education for the Oakland, California, public schools. He was a part-time instructor in special education at the University of California, in Los Angeles, San Francisco State College (now University), Chico State College (now California State University, Chico) and California State University, Hayward. He was also the former president of the Society for Crippled Children in Alameda County, California.Besides writing several books, Tudyman was the Editor of the ''Pacemaker Books'' series and was also a contributor to many magazines.
- A Functional Basic Word List for Special Pupils, Stanwix, 1963 - written with Marvin C. Groelle
- About Friends, Stanwix House, 1963 - written with Thomas L. McFarland
- About Fun and Play, Stanwix House, 1963
- About Going Away, Stanwix House, 1964 - written with Hannah Lai
- About King, Stanwix House, 1963 - written with Marvin C. Groelle
- About Mary and Bill, Stanwix House, 1963 - written with Marvin C. Groelle
- About Things at Home, Stanwix, 1964 - written with Hannah Lai
- Come Along, Stanwix, 1964 - written with Hannah Lai
- Enjoy the Seasons, Stanwix, 1963 - written with Kent Friel
Titles At Your Library
About friends, (Functional basic reading series)
ISBN: 0870762176 Stanwix House. 1972 A beginning reader relates the experiences of a group of friends at home and at school.
About fun and play (Functional basic reading series)
ISBN: 0870762230 Stanwix House. 1972 Easy-to-read stories about a family's activities.
About King, (Functional basic reading series)
ISBN: 0870762052 Stanwix House. 1972 A dog plays with his family and friends and chases a cat.
About Mary and Bill, (Functional basic reading series)
ISBN: 0870762117 Stanwix House. 1972 Everyday activities of a brother and sister: a birthday party, a picnic, going to the grocery, going to the gas station, washing the dog.