Individual Author Record
Name: Edgar Ansel MowrerPen Name: None Genre: Audience: Adult; Born: March 8, 1892 in Bloomington, Illinois Died: March 2, 1977
-- Edgar Ansel Mowrer on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=edgar++ansel+mowrer
Illinois ConnectionEdgar Mowrer was born, raised and educated in Illinois, graduating from the University of Chicago in 1910.
Biographical and Professional InformationEdgar was a war correspondent in France and Belgium for the Chicago Daily News from 1914-1916. After that he was the chief of the Berlin bureau; Paris bureau and became the Washington correspondent in 1940. He also was with the U.S. Office of War Information as the Deputy Director, from 1942-43, and finished his career as a syndicated columnist on foreign affairs from 1943-1969.
- This American World, Morrow, 1922
- Germany Puts the Clock Back, Morrow, 1933
- The Dragon Awakes, Morrow, 1939
- Global War, An Atlas of World Strategy, Morrow, 1942
- The Nightmare of American Foreign Policy, Knopf, 1948
- Challenge and Decision, McGraw, 1950
- A Good Time to Be Alive, Duell, Sloan and Pearce, 1959
- An End to Make-Believe, Duell, Sloan and Pearce, 1961
- Triumph and Turmoil, An Autobiography, Weybright, 1968
- Umano and the Price of Lasting Peace, Philosophical Library, 1973
Selected Titles At Your Library
Triumph and turmoil:
ISBN: 0049200267. OCLC Number: Allen & Unwin,. London,. 1970.
Umano and the price of lasting peace,
ISBN: 0802221033. OCLC Number: Philosophical Library. New York,.