Individual Author Record
Name: Clyde KilbyPen Name: Clyde S. Kilby Genre: Audience: Adult; Born: September 26, 1902 in Johnson City, Tennessee Died: October 18, 1986 in Columbus, Mississippi
-- Clyde S. Kilby on The Marion Wade Center Website -- http://www.wheaton.edu/wadecenter/welcome/kilby_bio.html
-- Clyde Kilby on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=clyde+kilby
Illinois ConnectionDr. Kilby moved to Wheaton in 1935 and lived there until his retirement.
Biographical and Professional InformationClyde S. Kilby is best known as a literary scholar of CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien. He was born in Tennessee and educated at the University of Arkansas, the University of Minnesota and New York University. He became a professor of English at Wheaton College in 1935 where he taught until his retirement. He was the founder of the Wade Center at Wheaton. Dr. Kilby died in 1986 at the age of 84. His book ''The Christian World of C. S. Lewis'' is widely regarded as one of the best introductions to Lewis's work.
- Life Writing: Essays on the Technique of Biography, 1942
- Poetry and Life: An Introduction to Poetry, 1953
- Minority of One: The Biography of Jonathan Blanchard, W.B. Eerdmans, 1959
- Christianity and Aesthetics, 1961
- Christian World of C.S. Lewis , W.B. Eerdmans, 1964
- Letters to an American Lady, W.B. Eerdmans, 1967
- A Mind Awake: An Anthology of CS Lewis, 1968 - reprinted by Harvest Books in 1980
- Imagination and the Spirit, W.B. Eerdmans, 1971
- Tolkein and the Silmarillion, Harold Shaw, 1977
- Images of Salvation in the Fiction of C.S. Lewis, Harold Shaw, 1978
Selected Titles At Your Library
Minority of one :
ISBN: 0802810152. OCLC Number: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company,. Grand Rapids, Michigan :. 1982, 1959.
The Christian world of C.S. Lewis /
ISBN: 0802808719. OCLC Number: . .
Tolkien & the Silmarillion /
ISBN: 0877888167. OCLC Number: . .
Images of salvation in the fiction of C.S. Lewis /
ISBN: 0877883912. OCLC Number: Harold Shaw Publishers,. Wheaton, Ill. :. ©1978.
A mind awake;
ISBN: 0156027836. OCLC Number: Harcourt, Brace & World. New York,. [1969, ©1968] C.S. Lewis on human nature, morality, the Bible, the trinity, sin, Christianity, hell, heaven, love, sex, nature, and the post-Christian world.