Pen Name: None
Cain grew up in Darien and now lives in Riverside.
Biographical and Professional Information
Janan Cain is an author and illustrator. She used her own two young daughters as models for many of the illustrations in "The Way I Feel."
Author and Illustrator:
- The Way I Feel , Parenting Press, 2000
- Roonie B. Moonie: Lost and Alone, Illumination Arts Publishing Company, 2007
- The Way I Act, Parenting Press, 2011 - written by Steve Metzger
Titles at Your Library
The Way I Feel
Release Date: 2000-01-01
Roonie B. Moonie: Lost and Alone
Release Date: 2007-12-31
The Way I Act
Release Date: 2011-01-01
The Way I Feel
- First Place, Publishers Association of the West’s 18th Annual Western U.S. Book Design and Production Competition for Children’s Picture Book
- Finalist, “Book of the Year” Contest for Children’s Picture Book, ForeWord Magazine, 2001
- Finalist, Benjamin Franklin Award for Children’s Picture Book, 2001
Lost and Alone
- Winner, "Book of the Year" award, Creative Child Magazine, 2008
- Finalist, “Book of the Year” Contest for Children’s Picture Book, ForeWord Magazine, 2008
- Finalist, Independent Publisher Book Award for the category of Children's Picture Book (ages 6 and under), 2008
- Winner, "Top 10 Book" award, The Best You Can Be Foundation, 2008
- "Gold" Winner, Mom’s Choice Awards for "Children’s Picture Book — Values & Life Lessons", 2009
- First Place Winner, Purple Dragonfly Book Awards for Children's Books, 2009
- Honorable Mention, Eric Hoffer Book Award for Children's Picture Book, 2009
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
To schedule an interview, school or library appearance with Janan Cain, please contact the Parenting Press publicity coordinator at (800) 992-6657, ext. 105 or (206) 364-2900, ext. 105 or [marketing@ParentingPress.com marketing@ParentingPress.com].
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access....