Brigit Pegeen Kelly
Pen Name: None
Born: 1951 in Palo Alto, California
Brigit lives in Central Illinois and currently teaches in the creative writing program at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Biographical and Professional Information
Kelly has taught at the University of California at Irvine, Purdue University, and Warren Wilson College. She has also taught numerous writers' conferences in the United States and Ireland. She is currently a professor of English at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. In 2002 the University of Illinois awarded her both humanities and campus-wide awards for excellence in teaching.
In 2005 Orchard was a finalist for the Pulitzer.
- To The Place of Trumpets, Yale University Press, 1998
- The Peacable Kingdom from To The Place of Trumpets, Yale University Press, 1988
- Young Wife's Lament from To The Place of Trumpets, Yale University Press, 1988
- Song, BOA Editions, 1995
- The Orchard, BOA Editions, 2004
- Poems: Song and the Orchard , Carcanet Press, 2008
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
To the Place of the Trumpets (Yale Series of Younger Poets)
Release Date: 1988-09-10
Poems: Song and the Orchard
Release Date: 2008
Yale youngest Poets Prize.
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.