Individual Author Record
Name: Gail GibbonsPen Name: Genre: Audience: Children; Children; Born:
-- Website -- http://www.gailgibbons.com
-- Gail Gibbons on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=gail+gibbons
Illinois ConnectionGibbons grew up in Chicago and attended the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.
Biographical and Professional InformationGail Gibbons is an author and illustrator. As a child growing up in Chicago, Gail created her first picture book at the age of four. It was four pages long and bound together with yarn. Soon thereafter, she began taking art lessons and started writing her own stories. Gail studied graphic design at the University of Illinois and after graduating she went to work for a small TV station doing graphic work. Later, she moved to New York City where she worked on " Take a Giant Step" a children’s show that was the forerunner to "The Electric Company." The children who participated in the show suggested that Gail should create children’s books.Gibbons currently resides in Corinth, Vermont.
- Surrounded By Sea, Holiday House, 1991
- The Pumpkin Book, Holiday House, 1999
- Behold...the Dragons, Morrow Junior, 1999
- Apples, Holiday House, 2000
- My Basketball Book, Harper Collins, 2000
- My Football Book, Harper Collins, 2000
- My Soccer Book, Harper Collins, 2000
- Behold...The Unicorns, Harper Collins, 2000
- Ducks , Holiday House, 2001
- Tell Me, Tree...All About Trees for Kids, Little Brown, 2002
- Chicks and Chickens, Holiday House, 2003
- Dinosaur Discoveries, Holiday House, 2005 0-8234-1971-1
- Ice Cream: The Full Scoop, Holiday House, 2006 0-8234-2000-0
- Galaxies, Galaxies, Holiday House, 2007 0-8234-2002-7
- The Vegetables We Eat, Holiday House, 2007 0-8234-2001-9
- Owls, Holiday House, 2007 0-8234-1880-4
- Coral Reefs, Holiday House, 2007 978-0-8234-2080-3
- Snakes, Holiday House, 2007 0823421228
- Dinosaurs, Holiday House, 2008 978-0-8234-2143-5
- Bats, Holiday House
- Bicycle Book, Holiday House
- Boat Book, Holiday House
- Cats, Holiday House
- Christmas Is. . . , Holiday House
- Christmas Time, Holiday House
- Deserts, Holiday House
- Dinosaurs, Holiday House
- Dogs, Holiday House
- Easter, Holiday House
- Emergency! , Holiday House
- Farming, Holiday House
- Flying, Holiday House
- Frogs, Holiday House
- From Seed to Plant, Holiday House
- Giant Pandas, Holiday House
- Grizzly Bears, Holiday House
- Groundhog Day, Holiday House
- Gulls... Gulls... Gulls... , Holiday House
- Halloween, Holiday House
- Happy Birthday! , Holiday House
- Horses, Holiday House
- How a House is Built, Holiday House
- Marshes & Swamps, Holiday House
- Monarch Butterfly, Holiday House
- Playgrounds, Holiday House
- Penguins, Holiday House
- Pigs, Holiday House
- Polar Bears, Holiday House
- Prehistoric Animals, Holiday House
- Pumpkins, Holiday House
- Rabbits, Rabbits & More Rabbits, Holiday House
- Sea Turtles, Holiday House
- Sharks, Holiday House
- Spiders, Holiday House
- St. Patrick’s Day, Holiday House
- Stargazers, Holiday House
- Thanksgiving Day, Holiday House
- The Art Box, Holiday House
- The Berry Book, Holiday House
- The Moon Book, Holiday House
- The Planets, Holiday House
- The Reasons for Seasons, Holiday House
- Tool Book, Holiday House
- Trains, Holiday House
- Tunnels, Holiday House
- Valentine’s Day, Holiday House
- Weather Words and What They Mean, Holiday House
- Whales, Holiday House
- Wolves, Holiday House
- Caves and Caverns, Harcourt Brace
- Check It Out! The Book About Libraries, Harcourt Brace
- Paper Paper Everywhere, Harcourt Brace
- Pottery Place, Harcourt Brace
- Sun Up, Sun Down, Harcourt Brace
- The Seasons of Arnold’s Apple Tree, Harcourt Brace
- Beacons of Light Lighthouses, Harper Collins
- Clocks and How They Go, Harper Collins
- Deadline! From News to Newspaper, Harper Collins
- Department Store, Harper Collins
- Fill It Up! All About Service Stations, Harper Collins
- Fire! Fire!, Harper Collins
- From Path to Highway: The Story of the Boston Post Road, Harper Collins
- Lights! Camera! Action! How a Movie is Made, Harper Collins
- Locks and Keys, Harper Collins
- Marge’s Diner, Harper Collins
- My Baseball Book, Harper Collins
- Nature’s Green Umbrella: Tropical Rain Forests, Harper Collins
- New Road, Harper Collins
- Planet Earth / Inside Out, Harper Collins
- Puff…Flash…Bang! , Harper Collins
- Santa Who, Harper Collins
- Soaring With the Wind - The Bald Eagle, Harper Collins
- Sunken Treasure, Harper Collins
- The Great St. Lawrence Seaway, Harper Collins
- The Honey Makers, Harper Collins
- The Post Office Book: Mail and How It Moves, Harper Collins
- The Puffins Are Back, Harper Collins
- The Quilting Bee, Harper Collins
- Santa Who?, Harper Collins
- Trucks, Harper Collins
- Zoo, Harper Collins
- Catch the Wind! All About Kites, Little Brown & Co.
- Click! A Book About Cameras and Taking Pictures, Little Brown & Co.
- Exploring the Deep Dark Sea, Little Brown & Co.
- Knights in Shining Armor, Little Brown & Co.
- Mummies, Pyramids, and Pharaohs, Little Brown & Co.
- Pirates: Robbers of the High Seas, Little Brown & Co.
- Recycle! A Handbook for Kids, Little Brown & Co.
- Surrounded by Sea: Life on a New England Fishing Island, Little Brown & Co.
- Tell Me, Tree, Little Brown & Co.
- Yippee-Yay!: A book about Cowboys, Little Brown & Co.
- The Magnificent Morris Mouse Clubhouse, Franklin Watts
- Things to Make and Do for Columbus Day, Franklin Watts
- Things to Make and Do for Halloween, Franklin Watts
- Things to Make and Do for Your Birthday, Franklin Watts
- Dinosaurs, Dragonflies, & Diamonds, Simon & Schuster
- Milk Makers, Simon & Schuster
- Say Woof! The Day of a Country Veterinarian, Simon & Schuster
- Up Goes the Skyscraper! , Simon & Schuster
- Weather Forecasting, Simon & Schuster
Selected Titles At Your Library
Behold ... the dragons! /
ISBN: 068815526X. OCLC Number: Morrow Junior Books,. New York :. ©1999. Explains how myths about dragons developed, different types of dragons, what draconologists do, and how different cultures portray dragons.
ISBN: 0823416690. OCLC Number: Holiday House,. New York :. ©2000. Explains how apples were brought to America, how they grow, their traditional uses and cultural significance, and some of the varieties grown.
My basketball book /
ISBN: 0688171400. OCLC Number: HarperCollins Publishers,. [New York] :. ©2000. Introduces the basics of the game of basketball, describing the players, court, techniques, and rules of play.
My football book /
ISBN: 0688171397. OCLC Number: HarperCollins Publishers,. New York :. ©2000. Introduces the basics of the game of football, describing the players, field, and how the game is played.
My soccer book /
ISBN: 0688171389. OCLC Number: HarperCollins Publishers,. New York :. 2000. Briefly describes the equipment, terminology, rules, positions, and plays of one of the world's most popular games.
Behold-- the unicorns! /
ISBN: 068817955X. OCLC Number: HarperCollins,. New York :. ©2002. For centuries people believed in unicorns, legendary creatures that were said to have magical powers. Today these one-horned creatures still have a special power -- the power to capture our imaginations. Using careful research and spirited illustrations to explain the origins, mythology, and folklore of the unicorn, Gail Gibbons, gets right to the heart of why these marvelous creatures are still so popular today.--
Tell me, tree :
ISBN: 0316309036. OCLC Number: Little Brown & Co.,. Boston :. ©2002. Featuring a special section on how children can make a tree identification book of their own, this title is a bright and colorful introduction to trees, leaves, and their inner workings in nature.
Chicks & chickens /
ISBN: 0823419398. OCLC Number: Holiday House,. New York :. ©2003. An introduction to the physical characteristics, behavior, and life cycle of chickens, as well as a discussion of how chickens are raised on farms.