Individual Author Record
Name: Christopher RaschkaPen Name: Chris Raschka Genre: Fiction Non-Fiction Audience: Children; Born: 1959 in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
-- Website -- http://biography.jrank.org/pages/2026/Raschka-Chris-1959.html
-- Christopher Raschka on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=christopher+raschka
Illinois ConnectionRaschka grew up in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional InformationChris Raschka is an author, illustrator, and violist. He also illustrates other authors' books. Chris spent part of his childhood in Austria, his mother's homeland. A graduate of St. Olaf College, he currently resides in New York City.
- Books written and illustrated by Raschka:
- Elizabeth Imagined An Iceberg, Scholastic, 1994
- The Bashful Hippopotamus, Scholastic, 1996
- Arlene Sardine, Scholastic, 1996
- Can't Sleep, Scholastic, 1997
- Charlie Parker Played Be Bop, Scholastic, 1997
- Mysterious Thelonious, Live Oak Media, 1997
- Simple Gifts: A Shaker Hymn, Henry Holt, 1998
- Like Likes Like, DK, 1999
- Snaily Snail, Hyperion, 2000
- Wormy Worm, Hyperion, 2000
- Sluggy Slug, Hyperion, 2000
- Goosey Goose, Hyperion, 2000
- Doggy Dog, Hyperion, 2000
- Ring! Yo?, DK Publishing, 2000
- Waffle, Atheneum, 2001
- John Coltrane's Giant Steps, Antheneum, 2002
- Talk to Me About the Alphabet, Holt, 2003
- The Hello, Goodbye Window, Michael Di Capua Books, 2005
- New York Is English: Chattanooga Is Creek, Antheneum, 2005
- Five for a Little One, Atheneum, 2006
- Yo! Yes?, Turtleback, 2007
- The Purple Balloon, Schwartz & Wade, 2007
- Little Black Crow, Antheneum, 2010
- A Ball for Daisy, Schwartz and Wade, 2011
- Everyone Can Learn to Ride a Bicycle, Schwartz & Wade, 2013
- Whaley Whale, Abrams, 2014
- Lamby Lamb, Abrams, 2014
- Moosey Moose, Abrams, 2014
- Give and Take, Antheneum, 2014Illustrated books written by other authors:
- The Owl and the Tuba , Brotherstone Pub, 1991 - written by James Lehman
- Table Manners, Candlewick, 2001 - written by Vladimir Radunsky
- Little Tree, Disney/Hyperion, 2001 - written by EE Cummings
- Fishing in the Air , Live Oak Media, 2003 - written by Sharon Creech
- Boy Meets Girl/Girl Meets Boy, Seuil, 2004 - written by Vladimir Radunsky
- A Poke in the I: A Collection of Concrete Poems, Candlewick, 2005 - written by Paul B. Janeczko
- Peter and The Wolf , Atheneum/Richard Jackson Books, 2008 - written by Sergi Prokofiev
- A Kick in the Head: An Everyday Guide to Poetic Forms, Candlewick, 2009 - written by Paul B. Janeczko
- Hip Hop Dog, HarperCollins, 2010 - written by Vladimir Radunsky
- Good Sports: Rhymes about Running, Jumping, Throwing, and More, Dragonfly Books, 2011 - written by Jack Prelutsky
- Granny Torrelli Makes Soup, Turtle Back Books, 2012 - written by Sharon Creech
- Be Boy Buzz, Jump At The Sun, 2016 - written by Bell Hooks
- Skin Again, Jump At The Sun, 2017 - written by Bell Hooks
Selected Titles At Your Library
The owl and the tuba /
ISBN: 1878925024. OCLC Number: Brotherstone,. Elgin, Ill. :. ©1991. Fred the tuba player can't toot & Hoomer the owl can't hoot. So Hoomer tries tooting, becomes a tuba virtuoso, & starts a brass band. Fred tries hooting, learns the owls' language, & becomes a great ornithologist. The squirrels are disgusted by the whole thing, but there's nothing they can do about it. Readers of all ages will be entertained & encouraged by the unlikely accomplishments of Fred the boy & Hoomer the owl.
Charlie Parker played be bop /
ISBN: 0531070956. OCLC Number: Orchard Books,. New York :. ©1992. Introduces the famous saxophonist and his style of jazz known as bebop.
Simple gifts :
ISBN: 0805051430. OCLC Number: . . A Shaker hymn about acceptance and sharing.
ISBN: 0689838387. OCLC Number: . . A child who is always worried finds a way to overcome his fears.
John Coltrane's Giant steps /
ISBN: 1591124174. OCLC Number: Live Oak Media,. New York :. ℗2002. John Coltrane's musical composition is performed by a box, a snowflake, some raindrops, and a kitten.
Mysterious Thelonious /
ISBN: 1591124220. OCLC Number: Live Oak Media,. Pine Plains, NY :. ℗2000. Matches the tones of the diatonic scale to the values of the color wheel in presenting a portrait of the work of the Afro-American jazz musician and composer of "Mysterioso."
Yo! Yes? /
ISBN: 1417759380. OCLC Number: Orchard Books,. New York :. , ©1993. Two lonely characters, one black and one white, meet on the street and become friends.
Peter and the wolf /
ISBN: 0689856520. OCLC Number: Atheneum Books for Young Readers,. New York :. ©2008. Retells the orchestral fairy tale in which a boy ignores his grandfather's warnings and captures a wolf with the help of a bird, a duck, and a cat.
A ball for Daisy /
ISBN: 037585861X. OCLC Number: . . A wordless picture book showing the fun a dog has with her ball, and what happens when it is lost. This story is about what it is like to lose something special, and find a friend.