Individual Author Record
Name: Laura BannonPen Name: None Genre: Fiction Audience: Children; Born: 1895 in Acme, Michigan Died: 1963
-- Laura Bannon on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=laura+bannon
Illinois ConnectionBannon lived in Chicago. She graduated from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. She also taught there.
Biographical and Professional InformationLaura Bannon was an artist, illustrator, author and teacher. Her career as a children's book author and illustrator began in 1939; in all she wrote and/or illustrated over twenty books.She earned acclaim from Children's Reading Round Table of Chicago and the Society of Typographical Arts.
- Gregorio and the White Llama, 1944
- Red Mittens, 1946
- Patty Paints a Picture, 1946
- Watchdog, 1948
- Billy and the Bear, 1949
- Big Brother, Whitman, 1950
- Horse on a Houseboat, 1951
- The Best House in the World, 1952
- Mind your Child's Art: A Guide for Parents and Teachers, 1952
- The Wonderful Fashion Doll, 1953
- The Little Sister Doll, Whitman, 1955
- The Scary Thing, Houghton Mifflin, 1956
- The Tide Won't Wait: A Nova Scotia Story, 1957
- Nemo Meets the Emperor, Whitman, 1957
- Jo-Jo the Talking Crow, Riverside Press, 1958
- Katy Comes Next, Whitman, 1959
- The Famous Baby-Sitter, Whitman, 1960
- The Other Side of the World, 1960
- Hawaiian Coffee Picker, 1962
- Who's in the Attic?, Whitman, 1962
- Little People of the Night, 1963
- The Contented Horse Trainer, 1963
- Toby's Friend, 1963
- Make Room for Rags, 1972
- Pecos Bill: The Greatest Cowboy of All Time, - Illustrator
- Tales from a Finnish Tupa - Illustrator
- Manuela's Birthday
Selected Titles At Your Library
What do wheels and cranks do? /
ISBN: ==Titles. OCLC Number: Heinemann,. Oxford :. 1996. Introduces the principles of wheels and cranks as simple machines, using examples from everyday life. Suggested level: primary.
Pecos Bill :
ISBN: 1590172248. OCLC Number: New York Review of Books,. New York :. [2007?] Relates some of the legends of Pecos Bill, from the moment he bounced out of his family's covered wagon to the day his long-lost brother appears and explains that Bill is not like the coyotes that have raised him.
Tales from a Finnish tupa /
ISBN: 0816667683. OCLC Number: University of Minnesota Press,. Minneapolis :. 2009. An illustrated collection of folktales from Finland, including the magical tale "Vaino and the Swan Princess," the humorous story "The Pig-headed Wife," and the fable "The Bear Goes Fishing."
Make room for Rags /
ISBN: 0395154960. OCLC Number: Houghton Mifflin,. Boston,. 1964. Animal stories.