Individual Author Record
Name: Amy Krause RosenthalPen Name: None Genre: Fiction Non-Fiction Audience: Adult; Young Adult; Children; Born: April 29, 1965, in Chicago Died: March 13, 2017, in Chicago
-- Website -- http://www.whoisamy.com/
-- Amy Krause Rosenthal on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=amy+krause+rosenthal
Illinois ConnectionRosenthal was a native Chicagoan.
Biographical and Professional InformationAmy Krause Rosenthal was a prolific award-winning author with more than 40 titles for children and adults to her credit. At the time of her death, she had written seven additional books which will be forthcoming. A number of Rosenthal’s children’s books were New York Times bestsellers.
- A Week in the Life of Me, Chronicle Books, 2015
- Al Pha's Bet, Putnam, 2011
- Bedtime for Mommy, Bloomsbury, 2010
- Chopsticks, Hyperion Book, 2012
- Christmas Cookies: Bite-Size Holiday Lessons, HarperCollins, 2008
- Cookies: Bite-Size Life Lessons, HarperCollins, 2009
- Duck! Rabbit!, Chronicle, 2009 - Illustrated by Illinois author/illustrator, Tom Lichtenheld
- Encylopedia of a Normal Life, Broadway, 2005
- Exclamation Mark, Scholastic Press, 2013 - Illustrated by Illinois author/illustrator, Tom Lichtenheld
- Friendshape, Scholastic, 2015 - Illustrated by Illinois author/illustrator, Tom Lichtenheld
- Highlights of Your Life, Potter Style, 2014
- Holy Cow, I Sure Do Love You!: A Little Book That's Oddly Moo-ving, Abrams, 2016 - Illustrated by Illinois author/illustrator, Tom Lichtenheld
- I Scream! Ice Cream!: A Book of Wordles, Chronicle Books, 2013
- I Wish You More, chronicle Books, 2015 - Illustrated by Illinois author/illustrator, Tom Lichtenheld
- It's Not Fair!, HarperCollins, 2008 - Illustrated by Illinois author/illustrator, Tom Lichtenheld
- Little Hoot, Chronicle, 2007
- Little Miss, Big Sis, HarperCollins, 2015
- Little Oink, Chronicle Books, 2017
- Little Oink, Chronicle, 2009
- Little Pea, Chronicle, 2005
- My Baby Book: A Keepsake Journal, Potter Style, 2010
- On the Spot: Countless Funny Stories, Random House, 2017 - written with Lea Redmond
- One of Those Days, Putnam Juvenile, 2006
- One Smart Cookie: Bite-Size Lessons for the School Years and Beyond, HarperCollins, 2010
- Plant A Kiss, HarperCollins, 2011 - Spanish edition available
- Spoon, Hyperion, 2009
- Sugar Cookies: Sweet Little Lessons on Love, HarperCollins, 2009
- That's Me Loving You, Random House, 2016
- The Belly Book: A Nine-Month Journal for You and Your Growing Belly, Potter Style, 2006
- The Big Sibling Book: Baby's First Year According to ME, Potter Style, 2009
- The Book of Eleven: An Itemized Collection of Brain Lint, Andrews McMeel, 1998
- The Grandparent Book: A Keepsake Journal, Potter Style, 2009
- The Mother's Guide to the Meaning of Life: What Being a Mom Has Taught Me About Resiliency,
- Guilt, Acceptance, and Love, Sky Horse, 2001
- The Mother's Guide to the Meaning of Life: What I'Ve Learned in My Never-Ending Quest to Become a Dalai Mama, Hallmark, 2001
- The OK Book, HarperCollins, 2007 - Illustrated by Illinois author/illustrator, Tom Lichtenheld
- The Same Phrase Describes My Marriage and My Breasts: Before the Kids, They Used to Be Such a Cute Couple, Andrews McMeel, 1999
- The Wonder Book, HarperCollins, 2010
- This Plus That: Life's Little Equations, HarperCollins, 2011
- Uni the Unicorn, Random House, 2014
- Words to Remember: A Journal for Your Child's Sweet and Amusing Sayings, Potter Style, 2008
- Wumbers, Chronicle Books , 2012 - Illustrated by Illinois author/illustrator, Tom Lichtenheld
- Yes Day!, HarperCollins, 2009 - Illustrated by Illinois author/illustrator, Tom Lichtenheld
- Your Birthday Book: A Keepsake Journal'', Potter Style, 2007
Titles At Your Library
ISBN: 1452153191 Chronicle Books. 2017 Little Oink is a neat little fellow. Clean, clean, clean, that's all he wants to do. But Mama and Papa won't have it! They say in order to be a proper pig he has to learn to make a proper mess. What's a little pig to do? Now available as a board book, Little Oink shows Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Jen Corace applying their traditionally wry humor to the issue of cleaning up, in a laugh-out-loud romp that is sure to make readers giggle with recognition.
On the Spot: Countless Funny Stories
ISBN: 1101932309 Random House Books for Young Readers. 2017 Transform an ordinary story into a silly one with stickers or found objects in this Mad Libs–esque adventure! For fans of Press Here and Tap the Magic Tree.
New York Times bestselling author Amy Krouse Rosenthal (Uni the Unicorn and I Wish You More), Lea Redmond, and Sanne te Loo have created a picture book with a story that rhymes and very lovely illustrations. But, oops—they’ve left out some important pieces of the story . . . and it’s up to YOU to fill them in!
Step 1: Grab any small object or pick stickers from the back of the book. Step 2: Place them on the blank spots as you read along. Step 3: Laugh at the crazy story you’ve just created. Step 4: Pick new items and start all over again!
Story time will take on a new dimension of play as kids use the stickers or scamper in search of the most hilarious items to occupy the blank spaces in the text. The endlessly innovative Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Lea Redmond bring us a way-outside-the-box adventure in which readers get to bend the rules and feel a bit rebellious as they tamper with the ordinary and expected.
That's Me Loving You
ISBN: 1101932384 Random House Books for Young Readers. 2016 From the author of the New York Times bestselling author of I Wish You More comes a book that promises continuous love and makes the perfect gift for fans of Emily Winfield Martin's The Wonderful Things You Will Be and those looking for something new to add to their shelves next to the classic The Runaway Bunny.
Wherever you are,
Wherever you go,
And always know. . .
That feeling you always have in your heart?
That's me loving you.
Amy Krouse Rosenthal captures parents’ desire to be ever-present in this simple and touching poem offering reassurance of their love. Signs of affection can be found in the natural world around us—from a soft breeze to a shimmering star.
"Combine this with a kissing hand, and children will be ready to set off on their own to explore the world, safe in the knowledge that they are loved." —Kirkus Reviews
Holy Cow, I Sure Do Love You!: A Little Book That's Oddly Moo-ving
ISBN: 1419722174 Abrams Image. 2016
New York Times bestselling authors, Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld return with an illustrated love note for your nearest and dearest, filled with moo-ving declarations uttered by one adorable cow.
Like their New York Times bestseller I Wish You More, this humorous book is both an uplifting gift book for adults and a heartfelt picture book for children. “Moo-ooh baby, I sure do love you” is the opening line, narrated by a spotted cow drawn in simple emotive brushstrokes that are a Lichtenheld signature. “I love you every which way . . . good moo-d, bad moo-d, weepy moo-d, weird moo-d,” the cow continues in a string of bovine puns: “I also love pizza, but that’s a moo-t point.” Drawn primarily in black and white on brown craft paper, the illustrations are simple, sophisticated, and appealing to all types of readers and all kinds of relationships—the gender- and race-neutral cow is the perfect proxy for all of us.
A wonderful valentine for a sweetheart, a loving gift for a grandparent, or a read-aloud message to a child, Holy Cow conveys deep feelings of affection and appreciation with the lighthearted humor for which the children’s book bestselling duo Rosenthal and Lichtenheld are known.
ISBN: 0545436796 Scholastic Press. 2013
A perfect gift for graduation!
He stood out here.
He stood out there.
He tried everything to be more like them.
It's not easy being seen. Especially when you're NOT like everyone else. Especially when what sets you apart is YOU.
Sometimes we squish ourselves to fit in. We shrink. Twist. Bend. Until -- ! -- a friend shows the way to endless possibilities.
In this bold and highly visual book, an emphatic but misplaced exclamation point learns that being different can be very exciting! Period.
I Scream! Ice Cream!: A Book of Wordles|
ISBN: 1452100047 Chronicle Books. 2013 What do "I Scream!" and "Ice Cream!" have in common? Nothing—besides the fact that they sound the same! The ever-surprising Amy Krouse Rosenthal unleashes her prolific wit in this silly and smart book of wordplay. Perfectly complemented by equally clever illustrations from the talented and internationally renowned Serge Bloch, this mind-bending book will have young readers thinking about words i