Individual Author Record
Name: Martha Modena Vertreace-DoodyPen Name: None Genre: Poetry Audience: Adult; Born: 1945 in Washington, D.C.
-- Website -- http://www.litline.org/iwd/html/vertreace.html
-- Martha Vertreace on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=martha+vertreace
Illinois ConnectionVertreace-Doody lives in Chicago and is a Distinguished Professor of English and Poet-in-Residence, Kennedy-King College.
Biographical and Professional InformationMartha Modena Vertreace-Doody's work focuses on American experiences, as a black woman in the Chicago region, as a participant in American history, and as a community activist. She has been involved in Chicago’s Catholic and African American communities, serving as a time as an editor of Community Magazine at Friendship House in Chicago and publishing poetry in the National Catholic Reporter.
- Second House From the Corner, Kennedy-King College Press, 1986
- Kelly in the Mirror, Albert Whitman Publishers, 1993
- Oracle Bones, White Eagle Coffeestore Press, 1994
- Light Caught Bending, Diehard Publishers, 1995
- Cinnabar, Flume Press, 1995
- Maafa, When Light Becomes a Lion, Ion Books, 1996
- Second Mourning, Diehard Publishers, 1998
- Smokeless Flame, Frith Press, 1998
- Dragon Lady, Tsukimi, Riverstone Press, 1999
- Glacier Fire, WordTech Communications, 2004
- In This Glad Hour, Purple Flag, 2014
Selected Titles At Your Library
Second house from the corner /
ISBN: 093829900X. OCLC Number: Kennedy-King College Print. Dept.,. Chicago :. 1986.
Kelly in the mirror /
ISBN: 0807541524. OCLC Number: A. Whitman,. Morton Grove, Ill. :. ©1993. A young girl feels sad that she doesn't look like anyone in her family--until she finds a photograph album in the attic.
Light caught bending /
ISBN: 0946230285. OCLC Number: Diehard,. Edinburgh :. ©1995.
ISBN: 0938507249. OCLC Number: Ion Books,. Memphis, TN :. 1996.
Second mourning /
ISBN: 0946230498. OCLC Number: Diehard,. Edinburgh :. ©1998.
Glacier fire :
ISBN: 1932339590. OCLC Number: Word Press,. Cincinnati, OH :. ©2004.
Under a cat's-eye moon /
ISBN: 0914403001. OCLC Number: . .