Individual Author Record
Name: James T. FarrellPen Name: None Genre: Fiction & Non-Fiction Audience: Adult; Born: February 27, 1904 in Chicago, Illinois Died: August 22, 1979
-- James T. Farrell on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=james+t.+farrell
Illinois ConnectionFarrell was born and raised in Chicago. He attended the University of Chicago and wrote about Irish-American culture in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional InformationJames T. Farrell was an American novelist and is best known for his writings which focused on Irish-American culture in Chicago. He began writing when he was 21 years old.
- A Brand New Life, Doubleday, 1968
- Father and Son (The Irish Americans), Ayer Co. Pub.
- Invisible Swords, 1971
- James T. Farrell, Literary Essays, 1954-1974, Assoc. Faculty Press, 1976
- Judgement Day, Avon, 1973
- Lonely for the Future, Doubleday, 1966
- Slum Street U.S.A., Horizon Publishing, 1967
- The Bernard Carr Trilogy, 1946 - 1952
- The Death of Nora Ryan, Doubleday, 1978
- The O'Neill - O'Flaherty Pentalogy, 1936 - 1953
- The Studs Lonigan Trilogy, 1935 - reprinted by Avon in 1973
- The Universe of Time, 1963 - 1966