Individual Author Record
Name: Janice May UdryPen Name: None Genre: Fiction Audience: Children; Born: 1928 in Jacksonville, Illinois
-- Janice May Udry on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=janice++may++udry
Illinois ConnectionUdry was born in Jacksonville and graduated from Northwestern University in Evanston.
Biographical and Professional InformationJanice May Udry is a children's book author. Her first book, ''A Tree Is Nice'', won the 1957 Caldecott Award for the most distinguished American picture book. After marrying, she moved to Chapel Hill, North Carolina with her husband. Her papers are held at the University of Southern Mississippi.
- A Tree Is Nice, HarperCollins, 1956
- Theodore's Parents, Lothrop, 1958
- The Moon Jumpers, Harpercollins , 1959
- Danny's Pig, Lothrop, 1960
- Alfred, Whitman, 1960
- Let's Be Enemies , HarperCollins, 1961
- Is Susan Here?, Abelard, 1962
- The Mean Mouse and Other mean Stories, Harper, 1962
- The End of the Line, Albert Whitman, 1962
- Betsy-Back-in-Bed, Albert Whitman, 1963
- Next Door to Laura Linda, Whitman, 1965
- What Mary Jo Shared, HarperCollins, 1966
- If You're a Bear, Albert Whitman, 1967
- Mary Ann's Mud Day, Harper, 1967
- What Mary Jo Wanted, Albert Whitman, 1968
- The Sunflower Garden, Harvey House, 1969
- Emily's Autumn, Albert Whitman, 1969
- Glenda, Harper, 1969
- Mary Jo's Grandmother, Harpercollins, 1970
- Angie, Harper, 1971
- How I Faded Away, Albert Whitman, 1975
- Oh, No! Cat!, Coward, 1976
- Thump and Plunk, HarperCollins, 1981 - published with new illustrations by Geoffrey Hayes, 2000
- Glenda Glinka, Witch-at-Large, HarperTrophy, 1997
Selected Titles At Your Library
A tree is nice.
ISBN: 0064431479. OCLC Number: Harper,. [New York]. ©1956. Briefly describes the value of a tree.
The moon jumpers /
ISBN: 0060284609. OCLC Number: Harper & Row,. New York :. ©1959. Four children play in the moonlight before bedtime on a soft summer night.
Let's be enemies /
ISBN: 0064431886. OCLC Number: HarperCollins,. New York :. 1988. John is angry at his bossy friend James and decides to tell him so.
Glenda Glinka, witch-at-large /
ISBN: 0064404102. OCLC Number: HarperTrophy,. New York :.  Glenda the witch decides she wants to be a school girl but fails to recognize her complete lack of success in the venture.
Mary Jo's grandmother /
ISBN: 0807549843. OCLC Number: A. Whitman,. Chicago :. ©1970. When her grandmother is hurt in a fall, Mary Jo must get help to the remote farm where they live.
Thump and Plunk /
ISBN: 0064442675. OCLC Number: HarperCollins Publishers,. New York :. 2000. When Thump thumps Plunk's doll Plunkit, an argument starts which their mother resolves.