Individual Author Record
Name: Vincent StarrettPen Name: None Genre: Fiction Audience: Adult; Born: October 26, 1886 in Toronto, Canada Died: 1974 in Chicago
-- Vincent Starrett on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=vincent+starrett
Illinois ConnectionStarrett's father moved the family to Chicago in the late 1890s. He attended John Marshall High School.
Biographical and Professional InformationStarrett was a cub reporter with the Chicago Inter-Ocean in 1905. Two years later, he began working for the Chicago Daily News as a crime reporter, a feature writer and finally a war correspondent in Mexico from 1914 to 1915. During the 1920's and 1930's, Starrett wrote mystery and supernatural fiction for the pulp magazines. In 1920, he wrote a Sherlock Holmes pastiche entitled The Adventure of the Unique Hamlet. Starrett's most famous work, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, was published in 1933. Starrett retired from the Chicago Tribune afer writing a book column for 20 years. Starrett was one of the founders of the Chicago chapter of the Baker Street Irregulars.
- Penny Wise and Book Foolish , Covici Friede Publishing, 1929
- Murder in Peking, Lantern Press, Inc. Publishers , 1946
- Late, Later and Possibly Last , Autolycus Press , 1973
- Case Book of Jimmy Lavender , BOOKFINGER , 1973
- The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes , Otto Penzler Books
- 14 Great Detective Stories , Modern Library , 1928
- 221 B: Studies in Sherlock Holmes , Otto Penzler Books
- Amazing Facts and Marvelous World , University of Knowledge, Inc. , 1941
- Ambrose Bierce , Lewis Press , 1929
- Arthur Machen,: A novelist of ecstasy and sin, Walter M. Hill , 1918
- Autolycus in Limbo, E.P. Dutton, 1943
- Banners in the Dawn, W.M. Hill, 1923
- The Blue Door: Murder, Mystery, Detection, in Ten Thrill-packed Novelettes, Doubleday, Doran & Co, 1930
- Bookman's Holiday, Random House, 1942
Selected Titles At Your Library
The private life of Sherlock Holmes /
ISBN: 1883402050. OCLC Number: Otto Penzler Books :. New York :. [©1993]
221 B :
ISBN: 1883402077. OCLC Number: O. Penzler Books,. New York :. ©1993.