Individual Author Record
Name: Allen W. Smith, PhDPen Name: None Genre: Non-Fiction Audience: Adult; Born:
-- Website -- http://www.thebiglie.net/id7.html
-- Allen W. Smith, PhD on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=allen+w.+smith%2C+phd.
E-Mail: -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Illinois ConnectionSmith is Professor emeritus of Eastern Illinois University.
Biographical and Professional InformationDr. Smith, whose economics textbooks are used in high schools across the country, believes every citizen of the United States has a right to know everything about the waw the government used tax funding. He has been battling economic illiteracy and government economic malpractice. For the past decade, he has been screaming out the warning that, if the United States did not change course, the nation was heading toward the kind of economic calamity that finally struck in 2008. Allen's journey, is as an advocate for economic education and sound economic policies. Dr. Smith retired from teaching in 1977 to devotehis time to research.
- Understanding Inflation and Unemployment , Burnham Inc Pub;, 1982
- Demystifying Economics : The Book That Makes Economics Accessible to Everyone, Ironwood Publications, 2000
- The Alleged Budget Surplus, Social Security, & Voodoo Economics, Ironwood Publications, 2000
- The Looting of Social Security: How the Government Is Draining Americas Retirement Account, Ironwood Publications, 2003
- Social Security: The Attempt to Kill It , Ironwood Publications, 2005
- The Big Lie: How Our Government Hoodwinked The Public, Emptied the S.S. Trust Fund, and caused The Great Economic Collapse , Ironwood Publications, 2009
Selected Titles At Your Library
Understanding inflation & unemployment /
ISBN: 0882292765. OCLC Number: Nelson-Hall,. Chicago :. ©1976.
Demystifying economics :
ISBN: 0964850478. OCLC Number: Ironwood Publications,. Naples, Fla. :. ©2000. Presents a simplified explanation of basic economics, using examples that relate economic concepts to daily life, discussing the laws of supply and demand, gross domestic product, inflation, money and banking, and other topics.
The alleged budget surplus, social security & voodoo economics /
ISBN: 0964850451. OCLC Number: Ironwood Publications,. Naples, Fla. :. ©2000.
Social security :
ISBN: 0964850419. OCLC Number: Ironwood Publications,. Winter Haven, FL. :. ©2005.
The big lie :
ISBN: 097708518X. OCLC Number: Ironwood Publications,. Frostproof, Fla :. ©2009. Argues that government malpractice and gross negligence led to the 2008 collapse of the American banking system, which in turn caused a global financial collapse.