Individual Author Record
Name: Bruce Hubbard GuernseyPen Name: Bruce H. Guernsey Genre: Audience: Adult; Born: 1944 in Boston, Massachusettes
-- Website -- http://www.bruceguernsey.com/
-- Bruce Hubbard Guernsey on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=bruce+hubbard+guernsey
Illinois ConnectionGuernsey lives in Charleston, Illinois and was an Associate Professor in the Department of English, Eastern Illinois University in Charleston.
Biographical and Professional InformationGuernsey was an instructor of English at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virgina; a poet in residence at Virginia Wesleyan College in Norfolk, Virgina and an associate professor of English at Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, Illinois. He is currently retired and gives readings at colleges and universities. Guernsey is a contribuotr of poems to dozens of magazines, including ''Atlantic Monthly'', ''Nation'', ''Country Journal'', ''Yankee'', ''College English'' and ''Poetry''. He also has work represtented in anthologies, including:*Landscape and Distance: Contemporary Poets in Virginia, edited by Margaret Gibson and Richard Mc Cann, Univeristy Press of Virginia, 1975*Anthology of Magazine Verse and Yearbook of Poetry, edited by Alan Pater, Monitor Book, 1981*An Introduction to Poetry, 5th edition, edited by XJ Kennedy, Little, Brown, 1982
- Shelled Flesh, Back Door Press, 1971
- Hour of the Wolf, Penyeach Press, 1972
- Biological Clock, Ktaadn, 1973
- Genesis, Puddingstone Press 1975
- Lost Wealth, Basilisk, 1975
- Three Poems, Ives STreet Press, 1982
- January Thaw, University of Pittsburg Press, 1982
- The Invention of the Telephone, Stormline Press, 1987
- Soldier's Home, Walter Press & Media, 2003
- The Lost Brigade, Walter Press and Media, 2005
- New England Primer, World Tech Communications, 2008
Selected Titles At Your Library
The invention of the telephone /
ISBN: 0935153071. OCLC Number: Stormline Press,. Urbana, Ill. :. 1987.
The lost brigade /
ISBN: 0974452491. OCLC Number: Water Press and Media,. Argyle, Texas :. 2005.
Soldier's home /
ISBN: 0974452408. OCLC Number: Water Press and Media,. Flower Mound, Tex. :. ©2003.
New England primer /
ISBN: 1934999229. OCLC Number: Cherry Grove Collections,. Cincinnati, OH :. ©2008.