Individual Author Record
Name: Frances Kirkwood CranePen Name: None Genre: Fiction Mystery Audience: Adult; Born: 1890 in Lawrenceville, Illinois Died: November 6, 1981 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
-- Frances Kirkwood Crane on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=frances+crane
Illinois ConnectionCrane was born in Lawrenceville and educated at the University of Illinois, Urbana.
Biographical and Professional InformationCrane was an American writer living in England and Europe who regularly sold pieces to the New Yorker, and moved to Germany in the late thirties, where her outspokeness clashed with the current Nazi regime and eventually led to her expulsion. Divorced, with a college-age daughter in tow, and in desparate need of money, she moved back to the States and started writing mysteries.
- Thirteen White Tulips-Original printing 1953, Penguin, 1959
- The Coral Princess Murder, Random House, 1954
- Death in Lilac Time, Random House, 1955
- Horror on the Ruby X, Random House, 1956
- The Ultraviolet Widow, Random House, 1957
- The Buttercup Case, Random House, 1959
- The Man In Grey, Random House, 1958
- Death Wish-Green, Random House, 1960
- The Amber Eyes, Hammond, 1962
- Body Beneath a Mandarin Tree , Hammond, 1965