Individual Author Record
Name: Charles RemsbergPen Name: None Genre: Audience: Adult; Born: 1936 Hutchinson, Kansas
-- Charles Remsberg on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=charles+remsberg
Illinois ConnectionCharles currently resides in Wilmette.
Biographical and Professional InformationCharles is one of the co-founders of Calibre Press, Inc - a leading independent producer of training materials for law enforcement personnel in over 50 countries. He is also an award-winning author as well as co-founder, co-producer, instructor, scriptwriter for the Street Survival Seminar. Charles earned his undergraduate and master's degree from Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University, Evanston.
- The New Look of Organized Crime , National Research Bureau, 1962
- Behind the Cotton Curtain, A Study of Mississippi, Presbyterian National Board of Missions, 1963
- Rights in Conflict (With Daniel Walker), Bantam, 1968, ISBN:
- Our Children`s Burden (With Bonnie Remsberg, Raymond Mack, and others), Random House, 1968
- School Without Lunch, New Community Press, 1969
- Inside Badminton, Contemporary Books, 1978
- Street Survival (With Ronald Adams and Thomas McTernan), Calibre Press, 1980
- The Tactical Edge, Surviving High-Risk Patrol, Calibre Press, 1986
- Tactics for Criminal Patrol, Vehicle Stops, Drug Discovery, and Officer Survival, Calibre Press, 1995
Selected Titles At Your Library
Inside badminton /
ISBN: 0809276534. OCLC Number: Contemporary Books,. Chicago :. ©1978. Provides advice on the rules, techniques, maneuvers, and playing strategies of badminton.
The tactical edge :
ISBN: 093587805X. OCLC Number: Calibre Press,. Northbrook, IL :. ©1986. This book details tactics and techniques for controlling life-threatening situations encountered on police patrol. Mental conditioning for dealing with life-threatening situations is considered under the topics of the mind-body partnership, the control of the stress and relaxation responses to crises, and the development of heightened awareness. A review of tactical thinking considers threat assessment, thought processes, and analyzing a tactic. Detailed descriptions of tactics for potentially life-threatening situations encompass building searches, barricaded subjects, armed robbery responses, vehicle stops, domestic disturbances, and hostage situations. Tactical descriptions compare what to do and not to do under various circumstances. Techniques of physical control for assaultive persons cover tactical positioning, escort control, pressure points, countermeasures, neck restraint, and handcuffing. The concluding chapter presents tips on maintaining mental and tactical conditioning as practiced by police officers who have functioned well in life-threatening situations. 158 additional readings.
Tactics for criminal patrol :
ISBN: 0935878122. OCLC Number: Calibre Press,. Northbrook, Ill. :. ©1995.