Individual Author Record
Name: Brittany R. JacobsPen Name: None Genre: Audience: Adult; Young Adult; Children; Born: in
-- Website -- https://brjacobsart.com/
-- Brittany R. Jacobs on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=Brittany+Jacobs
Illinois ConnectionJacobs is a Chicago native and works at the Naperville Public Library.
Biographical and Professional InformationBrittany R. Jacobs is a self-taught artist, with a background in children's programming. She is an author and illustrator of children's picture books, and a children's services associate at Naperville Public Library. She also is an educational programming consultant who writes and implements educational curriculum for informal education settings for museums, libraries, zoos, etc.
- Illustrated Book:
- The Kraken's Rules for Making Friends, POW!, 2016
- Transforming Your Library into a Learning Playground: A Practical Guide for Public Librarians, Libraries Unlimited, 2017
- Mia Lee is Wheeling Through Middle School, Woodgate Publishing, 2016 - written by Melissa and Eva Shang
Titles At Your Library
The Kraken's Rules for Making Friends
ISBN: 1576878147 POW!. 2016 It's no big surprise that the Kraken has no friends, but he is TIRED OF IT. With a bad temper and a knack for destruction, his talent for meeting new fish is...not so seaworthy. He finds hope when another monster of the deep, a great white shark, offers him some RULES FOR MAKING FRIENDS. Will these rules help the most terrifying monster of the deep make a new chum?
Transforming Your Library into a Learning Playground: A Practical Guide for Public Librarians
ISBN: 144085730X Libraries Unlimited. 2017
Public libraries need to offer relevant, exciting, and stimulating learning centers that appeal to kids. This book is a step-by-step guide for creating affordable and effective educational programs for children and youth by focusing on one simple concept: play.
• Teaches readers how to uncover the educational content in everyday activities, seamlessly join the maker movement, and infuse STEM and literacy-based concepts into lesson plans
• Explains how to market, promote, and execute programming that is educational, engaging, and fun and will gain your public library repeat visitors as a result
• Identifies practical ways to use available resources and implement quality programming on a budget
Mia Lee is Wheeling Through Middle School
ISBN: 0692746900 Woodgate Publishing. 2016