Individual Author Record
Name: James W. BennetPen Name: James Bennett Genre: Fiction Audience: Young Adult; Young Adult; Children; Children; Born: 1942 in Piatt County, Illinos
-- James W. Bennet on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=james++w.+bennet
Illinois Connection*James W. Bennett lives in Normal.
Biographical and Professional InformationJames W. Bennett is the author of a number of uncompromising, challenging novels for teens. The books have earned him recognition as one of the nation's leading nevelists for young adults. Bennett's fiction, often revolving around sports themes, has been used successfully as a curriculum choice in schools. He was a writer-in-residence for Illinois secondary schools. His book ''The Squared Circle'' is considered by many to be the finest basketball novel ever written.
- A Quiet Desperation, Thomas Nelson, 1983
- I Can Hear the Mourning Dove, Houghton Mifflin, 1990
- Dakota Dream, Scholastic, 1994
- The Square Circle, Scholastic, 1995
- The Flex of the Thumb, Pin Oaks Press, 1996
- Blue Star Rapture, Scholastic, 1997
- Plunking Reggie Jackson, Simon and Schuster, 2001
- Old Hoss, McFarland, 2002
- Faith Wish, Holiday House, 2003