Individual Author Record
Name: M (Mary) Sarah KlisePen Name: Sarah Klise Genre: Fiction Audience: Young Adult; Children; Born: 1962 in Peoria, Illinois
-- Website -- http://www.kateandsarahklise.com/
-- M (Mary) Sarah Klise on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=m+%28mary%29+sarah+klise
Illinois ConnectionBorn and raised in Peoria, Sarah now lives in California.
Biographical and Professional InformationM. (Mary) Klise has illustrated several humerous children's literature titles in collaboration with her sister, Catherine "Kate" Klise. Their Regarding series is presented in a scrapbook style format, with letters, journal entries, and related ephemera telling the story. The third of six children born to educational film producer Thomas and Marjorie Klise. Raised in Peoria, Illinois, she attended Marquette University.
- 43 Old Cemetary Road Series:
- Dying to Meet You, Sandpiper; Reprint edition, 2009
- Over My Dead Body, Harcourt Children's Books, 2009
- Till Death Do Us Bark, HMH Books, 2012
- The Phantom of the Post Office, HMH Books, 2012
- Hollywood, Dead Ahead, HMH Books, 2013The Regarding Series:
- Regarding the Fountain, HarperCollins, 1999
- Regarding the Sink, Sandpiper, 2006
- Regarding the Trees, Sandpiper, 2007
- Regarding the Bathrooms, Harcourt Children's Books, 2006
- Regarding the Bees, Sandpiper, 2009Other Books:
- Grammy Lamby and the Secret Handshake, Holt, 2002
- Stand Straight, Ella Kate, Dial, 2010
- Shall I Knit You a Hat?: A Christmas Yarn, Holt, 2007
- Why Do You Cry?: Not a Sob Story, Holt, 2006
- Imagine Harry, Harcourt, 2007
- Little Rabbit and the Night Mare, Harcourt, 2008
- Little Rabbit and the Meanest Mother on Earth, Harcourt, 2010
- Letters from Camp, HarperCollins , 2000
- Trial by Journal, HarperCollins, 2002
- Homesick, Feiwel & Friends, 2012
- Grounded, Feiwel & Friends, 2010
- Deliver Us From Normal, Scholastic, 2005
- Far From Normal, Scholastic, 2008
- In the Bag, HarperCollins, 2012
Selected Titles At Your Library
Dying to meet you /
ISBN: 0547398484. OCLC Number: Harcourt,. Boston :. 2009. In this story told mostly through letters, children's book author I.B. Grumply gets more than he bargained for when he rents a quiet place to write for the summer.
Over my dead body /
ISBN: 015205734X. OCLC Number: Harcourt,. Boston :. 2009. In this story told mostly through letters, busybody Dick Tater tries to ban Halloween and ghost stories, as well as to break up the popular writing team of I.B. Grumply, ghost Olive C. Spence, and eleven-year-old illustrator Seymour Hope.
Regarding the fountain :
ISBN: 0380793474. OCLC Number: . . When the principal asks a fifth-grader to write a letter regarding the purchase of a new drinking fountain for their school, he finds that all sorts of chaos results.
Shall I knit you a hat? :
ISBN: 031237139X. OCLC Number: . . When Mother Rabbit knits a warm winter hat for Little Rabbit, he likes it so much that he suggests they make hats for all of their friends as Christmas gifts.
ISBN: 0312570392. OCLC Number: Feiwel and Friends,. New York :. 2010. After her father, brother, and sister are killed in a plane crash, twelve-year-old Daralynn's life in tiny Digginsville, Missouri, continues as her mother turns angry and embittered, her grandmother becomes senile, and her flamboyant aunt continues to run the Summer Sunset Retirement Home for Distinguished Gentlemen, while being courted by the owner of the town's new crematorium.
Letters from camp /
ISBN: 0380793482. OCLC Number: Avon Books,. New York :. ©1999. Sent to Camp Happy Harmony to learn how to get along with each other, pairs of brothers and sisters chronicle in letters home how they come to suspect the intentions of the singing family running the camp.
Regarding the bathrooms :
ISBN: 0152051643. OCLC Number: Harcourt,. Orlando, Fla. :. ©2006. In this novel told through letters, newspaper articles, and police reports, a middle school principal's bathroom renovation project leads to the discovery of stolen Roman antiquities.
Regarding the trees :
ISBN: 0152060901. OCLC Number: Harcourt Inc.,. Orlando, Fla. :. ©2005. In this story told primarily through letters, Principal Russ wants the middle school trees to be trimmed before his administrative evaluation, but the project is interrupted by a town gender war, dueling chefs, student tree protests, and a surprise wedding.
Regarding the sink :
ISBN: 0152055444. OCLC Number: Gulliver Books/Harcourt,. Orlando [Fla.] :. ©2004. A series of letters reveals the selection of the famous fountain designer, Florence Waters, to design a new sink for the Geyser Creek Middle School cafeteria, her subsequent disappearance, and the efforts of a class of sixth-graders to find her.
Regarding the bees :
ISBN: 0152066683. OCLC Number: Sandpiper,. New York :. ©2007. The seventh graders at Geyser Creek Middle School are preparing for a spelling bee and a horrible standardized test called the BEE, and try to smuggle their mascot--a bee that spells--into the local spelling competition.