Pen Name: None
Born: 1957 in Bronx, New York
Anton is a Professor of English at DePaul University.
Biographical and Professional Information
Ted Anton is an English professor at DePaul University. He was the co-editor of The New Science Journalists (1995). His magazine work, for The Sciences, Publishers Weekly, Lingua Franca, Chicago, the Chicago Tribune, and other publications, has been cited three consecutive times in Best American Essays and was nominated for a National Magazine Award in Reporting in 1993. A former Fulbright Research Fellow, Anton speaks about science on radio and to university and industry groups.
- Eros, Magic and the Murder of Professor Culianu, Northwestern University Press, 1996
- Bold Science, Seven Scientists Who are Changing Our World, W.H. Freeman Company, 2000
- The Longevity Seekers: Science, Business, and the Fountain of Youth, University of Chicago Press, 2013
- Planet of Microbes:The Perils & Potential of Earths Essential Life Forms, University of Chicago Press, 2017
Titles at Your Library
Eros, Magic, and the Murder of Professor Culianu
Release Date: 1996-10-14
Bold Science: Seven Scientists Who Are Changing Our World
Release Date: 2001-05-01
The Longevity Seekers: Science, Business, and the Fountain of Youth
Release Date: 2013-05-01
Planet of Microbes: The Perils and Potential of Earth's Essential Life Forms
Release Date: 2017-10-31
Eros, Magic and the Murder of Professor Culianu
- Carl Sandburg Award in Nonfiction, Friends of the Chicago Library
- National Teachers as Writers Award, 1989
- Senior Fulbright Fellow, 1994
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Ellen Levine Literary Agency, Inc.
15 E. 26th Street
New York, New York 01120
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.