Individual Author Record
Name: William Nikola-LisaPen Name: W. Nikola-Lisa Genre: Audience: Young Adult; Children; Born: 1951 in Jersey City, New Jersey
-- Website -- http://www.NikolaBooks.com
-- William Nikola-Lisa on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=w.+nikola-lisa
E-Mail: -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Illinois ConnectionNikola-Lisa teaches at National-Louis University in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional InformationW. Nikola-Lisa is a writer, storyteller and musician. He loves to entertain and share stories with audiences whether they are children, adults, educators or families. The author of numerous books for primary, upper elementary, and middle school readers, he has also written the award-winning books: ''Bein' With You This Way'', ''Shake Dem Halloween Bones'', and ''How We Are Smart''. Some of his recent publications include ''Dragonfly: A Childhood Memoir''; ''Dear Frank: Babe Ruth, the Red Sox, and the Great War'', a work of historical fiction set in Boston in 1918; and ''Hey, Aren't You the Janitor?,'' a collection of humorous stories about life on the road as a children's book author.
- Night Is Coming, Dutton, 1991
- 1, 2, 3 Thanksgiving, Whitman, 1991
- Storm, Atheneum, 1993
- Bein` With You This Way, Lee and Low, 1994
- No Babies Asleep, Atheneum, 1994
- Wheels Go Round, Doubleday, 1994
- One Hole in the Road, Henry Holt, 1996
- America, My Land..., Lee and Low, 1997
- Till Year`s Good End, Atheneum, 1997
- Shake Dem Halloween Bones, Houghton Mifflin, 1997
- Tangletalk, Dutton, 1997
- Hallelujah: A Christmas Celebration, Atheneum, 2000
- The Year With Grandma Moses, Henry Holt, 2000
- Can You Top That?, Lee & Low, 2000
- America: A Book of Opposites, Lee & Low, 2001
- Summer Sun Risin', Lee & Low, 2002
- To Hear the Angels Sing, Holiday House, 2002
- My Teacher Can Teach...Anyone!, Lee & Low, 2004
- Setting the Turkeys Free, Hyperion, 2004
- How We Are Smart, Lee & Low, 2006
- Magic in the Margins, Houghton Mifflin, 2007
- My Teacher Can Teach... Anyone!, Lee and Low, 2008
- Till Year's Good End, Atheneum Books, 2009
- Hallelujah!: A Christmas Celebration, Atheneum Books, 2009
- Dragonfly: A Childhood Memoir, Gyroscope Books, 2010
- Hey, Aren't You the Janitor?, Gyroscope Books, 2011
- Dear Frank: Babe Ruth, the Red Sox and the Great War, Gyroscope Books, 2012
- Gaya Lives in a Blue House, CreateSpace, 2013
- America: My Land, Your Land, Our Land, Lee & Low Books, 2013
- The Men Who Made the Yankees: The Odyssey of the World's Greatest Baseball Team from Baltimore to the Bronx, Gyroscope Books, 2014
- Shark Man, Gyroscope Books, 2015
Selected Titles At Your Library
Night is coming /
ISBN: 0140562281. OCLC Number: . . Describes the sights, sounds, and sensations of the coming of night to the countryside.
Bein with you this way.
ISBN: 1591124271. OCLC Number: Live Oak Media,. [Place of publication not identified] :. 2003.
No babies asleep /
ISBN: 0689318413. OCLC Number: Atheneum Books for Young Readers,. New York :. 1994. Twelve babies sleeping in a crib are taken out, one by one, to play with zoo animals.
One hole in the road /
ISBN: 0805042857. OCLC Number: H. Holt,. New York :. 1996. Introduces the numbers one through ten while describing the people and machinery involved in fixing a hole in the road.
Till year's good end :
ISBN: 0689800207. OCLC Number: Atheneum Books for Young Readers,. New York :. ©1997. Presents farm activities, month by month, in England during the Middle Ages.
ISBN: 0525453997. OCLC Number: Dutton Children's Books,. New York :. ©1997. Recounts some of the strange upside-down events that happened in "the month of Boston, In the wonderful city of May."
The year with Grandma Moses /
ISBN: 0805062432. OCLC Number: . . A collection of paintings and memoirs by the American folk artist describing the seasons and their related activities in rural upstate New York.
Summer sun risin' /
ISBN: 1584302526. OCLC Number: . . An African American boy enjoys a summer day on his family's farm, milking the cows, fishing, and having fun.
How we are smart /
ISBN: 1600604447. OCLC Number: Lee & Low Books,. New York :. ©2006. "Through direct quotations, verse, and prose, presents the achievements of a diverse group of people who illustrate Dr. Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences. Includes information about the eight basic ways people can be "smart" and suggested activities"--Provided by publisher.
ISBN: 1880000377. OCLC Number: Lee & Low Books,. New York :. 1997. Rhythmic text and illustrations by fourteen different African-, Hispanic-, Asian-, and Native-American artists evoke the characteristics of the landscape of the United States.
The Men Who Made the Yankees /
ISBN: 0991218302. OCLC Number: . . "W. Nikola-Lisa explores a fascinating corner of baseball history in The Men Who Made the Yankees, which traces the rise of the New York Yankees from the origin of the American League to the Yankees' first world championship title in 1923. Less a history of players, The Men Who Made the Yankees focuses on a handful of powerful club owners and the political and financial pressures that dramatically shaped the arrival of an American League team in New York City."--Back cover.
Shark man /
ISBN: 0991218353. OCLC Number: . .