Individual Author Record
Name: Wayne C. TemplePen Name: Wayne Calhoun Temple Genre: Audience: Adult; Young Adult; Born: 1924 in Delaware County, Ohio
-- Website -- http://www.mayhavenpublishing.com/#!lincoln/c49e
-- Wayne C. Temple on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=wayne+c.+temple
Illinois ConnectionDr. Temple lives in Springfield, Illinois.
Biographical and Professional InformationDr. Wayne C. Temple is an internationally recognized authority on Abraham Lincoln. He is a prolific writer and keen historian. Anyone in the field of Lincoln knows who he is, and most of them consider him a key figure when they are working on their own volumes of Lincoln history. He has been a repeated guest on the history channel and is a frequent speaker on the Lincolns. Virtually all researchers in the field of Lincoln history have availed themselves of his knowledge. He is among 30 individuals, from around the world, honored with a special ''Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial edition of the Order of Lincoln'' - the highest honor that can be awarded by the State of Illinois. Dr. Temple was also be a guest on the Lincoln Documentary, produced by PBS, Champaign, Illinois. He is a member of the U.S. Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission's Advisory Committee to mark the 200th Anniversary of Lincoln's Birth on February 12, 2009. Temple has held many positions, including: Curator Ethnohistory at the Illinois State Museum; Editor-in-Chief of the ''Lincoln Herald '' - the only quarterly journal on Abraham Lincoln in the world and the oldest such Lincoln publication, starting in 1897; Secretary-Treasurer of the National Lincoln-Civil War Council; Memorial Bibliography committee for Lincoln Lore; Editorial Advisory Board for the American Biographical Institute; Board of Governors for the St. Louis Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children; and Trustee Regent for the Lincoln Academy. He is currently the Chief Deputy Director of the Illinois State Archives.He has addressed the Congress of the United States and has received many awards and honors during his lifetime. He is a life fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, and many other prestigious organizations. Temple served under Eisenhower in Europe during World War II. He received a B.S. in Engineering, and an M.A. and a PhD. in history from the University of Illinois, where he was a research assistant to Prof. J.G. Randall, “Dean of the Lincoln Scholars.” He then earned his A.M. and Ph.D degrees under the direction of Prof. Randall and Prof. Richard N. Current.Among his books on the 16th President are ''Abraham Lincoln: From Skeptic to Prophet'' and ''By Square and Compass: Saga of the Lincoln Home''. He was also a contributor to the book, ''The Mary Lincoln Enigma: Historians on America's Most Controversial First Lady''.
- Abraham Lincoln & Others at the St. Nicholas, St. Nicholas Corporation, 1968
- Lincoln's arms, dress and military duty during and after the Black Hawk War. Ulysses S. Grant in military service for the state of Illinois, State of Illinois, 1981
- By square and compasses: The building of Lincoln's home and its saga, Ashlar Press, 1984
- Lincoln's Connections with the Illinois & Michigan Canal, His Return from Congress in '48 and His Invention, Illinois Bell, 1986
- Abraham Lincoln, From Skeptic to Prophet, University of Illinois Press, 1995
- Alexander Williamson: Friend of the Lincolns, Mayhaven Publishing, 1997
- By Square and Compass, Saga of the Lincoln Home, Mayhaven Publishing, 2002
- The Taste Is in My Mouth a Little... Lincoln's Victuals and Potables, Mayhaven Publishing, 2004
- Abraham Lincoln and Illinois' Fifth Capitol, Mayhaven Publishing, 2006 written with Sunderine Temple
- Lincoln's Travels on the River Queen during the Last days of His Life, Mayhaven Publishing, 2008
- Lincoln's Surgeons at His Assassination, Mayhaven Publishing, 2015
Selected Titles At Your Library
Abraham Lincoln, from skeptic to prophet /
ISBN: 1878044362. OCLC Number: Mayhaven Pub.,. Mahomet, Ill. :. ©1995.
By square & compass :
ISBN: 187804480X. OCLC Number: Mayhaven Pub.,. Mahomet, IL :. ©2002.
"The taste is in my mouth a little-- " :
ISBN: 1878044419. OCLC Number: Mayhaven Pub.,. Mahomet, IL :. ©2004.
Abraham Lincoln and Illinois' fifth Capitol /
ISBN: 193227815X. OCLC Number: Mayhaven Pub.,. Mahomet, Ill. :. ©2006.
Lincoln's travels on the River Queen during the last days of his life /
ISBN: 1932278443. OCLC Number: Mayhaven Pub.,. Mahomet, IL :. 2007.