Pen Name: None
Born: September 28, 1921, in Witt, IL
Victor was born in and lived in Illinois. He was also a professor at Western Illinois University.
Biographical and Professional Information
Victor was educated in Illinois schools. He is considered an outstanding teacher of Illinois state and local history. He has written substantially in this area and was Distinguished Professor of History at Western Illinois University before his retirement.
- From Vandalia to Vicksburg: The Political and Military Career of John A. McClernand, 1955
- Illinois in the Civil War, 1966 - reprinted by University of Illinois Press in 1991
- The Settlement of Illinois: 1700-1850, Western Illinois University, 1966
- The American Fighting Man, McMillan, 1968
- The Purple and the Gold: The Story of Western Illinois University, Western Illinois University Foundation, 1970
- The World is Coming To An End: An Irreverent Look at Modern Doomsayers, Arlington House Publishers, 1975
- Tales from Two Rivers III, Two Rivers Arts Council, 1984
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Tales from Two Rivers III
Release Date: 1984-06
Awarded Illinois Author of the Year by the Illinois Association of Teachers of English in 1976.
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.