Pen Name: None
Genres: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Poetry
Born: 1970 in Kankakee, Illinois
Ahrens was born in Kankakee, Illinois. She graduated from Eureka College.
Biographical and Professional Information
Tracy Ahrens graduated with a degree in English from Eureka College in Eureka, Illinois. Since then, she has been a journalist and eventually became an editor. She has written for a chain of 10 weekly newspapers based in the south Chicago suburbs, owned by Russell Publications. While there, she was also a feature story editor.
Currently, she is a freelance writer for the Chicago Tribune. She also is a freelance writer for magazines and other publications.
Her professional writing memberships include the Illinois Woman's Press Association and the National Federation of Press Women. She is also a member of the Dog Writers Association of America and Cat Writers' Association.
Ahrens has published three children's books, two non-fiction and one book of poetry. She illustrated two of her children's books. Five of her books are by traditional publishers, one was self-published and funded by a university. In June 2017, her poetry collection chapbook, I Am, from Finishing Line Press will be available.
- Sammy Sparrow’s First Flight, Guardian Angel Publishing, 2014
- Nature Will Heal, Finishing Line Press, 2012
- Raising My Furry Children, Weaving Dreams Publishing, 2011
- What if the Moon..., Guardian Angel Publishing, 2008
- Giant Hero: One Couple’s Journey through Loving and Letting go of a Son with Potter’s Syndrome, Infinity Publishing, 2008
- Cloud Jumpers, Guardian Angel Publishing, 2007
Titles at Your Library
Sammy Sparrow's First Flight
Release Date: 2014-12-25
Nature Will Heal
Release Date: 2012
Raising My Furry Children
Release Date: 2011-08-24
What if the Moon...?
Release Date: 2008-10-21
Release Date: 2008-10-07
Release Date: 2007-09-01
- 55 top journalism and editing awards in Illinois and across the country.
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Contact the author at email@example.com.
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.