Tina P. Schwartz
Pen Name: None
Schwartz lives in Grayslake, Illinois and graduated from Columbia College in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Schwartz enjoys writing for children as well as meeting many, many kids while doing author visits at schools, libraries and book signings at stores. A Columbia College graduate, with a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing Communication, Mrs. Schwartz worked in Advertising for several years until becoming a mother. She began writing and worked part-time as an Assistant Youth Librarian, and now writes full-time while staying home with her children.
- Motocross Freestyle , Capstone Press, 2004
- Organ Transplants: A Survival Guide for the Entire Family, The Scarecrow Press, Inc., 2005
- Writing and Publishing: The Ultimate Teen Guide (It Happened to Me), Scarcrow Press, Inc. 2009
- Bass Fishing (Reel it In), PowerKids Press, 2012
- Salmon Fishing (Reel it In) PowerKids Press, 2012
- Deep Sea Fishing (Reel it In) PowerKids Press, 2012
- Fly Fishing (Reel it In) PowerKids Press, 2012
- Ice Fishing (Reel it IN) PowerKids Press, 2012
- Fresh Water Fishing (Reel It In) PowerKds press, 2012
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Organ Transplants: A Survival Guide for the Entire Family (It Happened to Me)
Release Date: 2005-06
Bass Fishing (Reel It in (Paperback))
Release Date: 2012-01-15
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
- Half-Day School Visit: ($375)
Up to three hours, includes two assemblies maximum + Question & Answer sessions, plus an individual classroom visit
- Full-Day School Visit: ($750)
Up to six hours, minus 30 minutes for lunch, includes any combination of assemblies and individual classroom visits, plus Question & Answer sessions
- Public Library "Author Visit": ($500)
One hour visit, with question and answer session, where author describes process of how an idea gets from her head, to paper, to a publisher, to a book store. Also, Tina will show some of her work and share upcoming projects.
- $125/per hour (two hour minimum) - Instructional workshop on writing and getting published (magazines or books,) tailored to specific audience/age groups.
Contact author to set up visits and have contract sent to you.
Note: If fees are a true issue for your school, e-mail the author to discuss.
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.