Pen Name: None
Born: 1953 in Chicago, Illinois
Photo Credit: Adam Yurkiw
Okuda lives in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Ted Okuda is a Chicago-based film historian. His articles and interviews have appeared ina variety of media-themed publications.
- The Jerry Lewis Films , McFarland & Company , 1994 - written with James L. Neibaur
- The Columbia Comedy Shorts: Two-Reel Hollywood Film Comedies, 1933-1958 , McFarland & Company , 1998 - written with Edward Watz
- The Monogram Checklist, McFarland & Company , 1999
- The Golden Age of Chicago Children's Television , Lake Claremont Press, 2004 - written with Jack Mulqueen
- Charlie Chaplin at Keystone and Essanay , iUniverse, Inc, 2005
- Chicago TV Horror Movie Shows: From Shock Theatre to Svengoolie , Lake Claremont Press, 2007 - written with Mark Yurkiw, reprinted Southern Illinois University Press, 2016
- The Soundies Book, iUniverse, Inc. , 2007 - written with Scott MacGillivray
- Stan Without Ollie: The Stan Laurel Solo Films, 1917-1927, McFarland, 2012 - written with James L. Neibaur
Titles at Your Library
The Jerry Lewis Films: An Analytical Filmography of the Innovative Comic
Release Date: 1994-12-01
The Columbia Comedy Shorts: Two-Reel Hollywood Film Comedies, 1933-1958 (McFarland Classics)
Release Date: 1998-10-01
The Golden Age of Chicago Children's Television
Release Date: 2004-05-01
Charlie Chaplin at Keystone and Essanay: Dawn of the Tramp
Release Date: 2005-08-15
Chicago TV Horror Movie Shows: From Shock Theatre to Svengoolie
Release Date: 2007-10-26
The Soundies Book: A Revised and Expanded Guide
Release Date: 2007-02-16
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Okuda is available for entertaining and informative talks, programs, and special events throughout the Chicago area.
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.