Pen Name: None
Born: 1964 in Indiana, Pennsylvania
Tawni O'Dell graduated from Northwestern University with a degree in journalism and spent many years living in the Chicago area before moving back to Pennsylvania where she now lives with her two children and her husband.
Biographical and Professional Information
Tawni was born and raised in the coal-mining region of western Pennsylvania, the territory she writes about with such striking authenticity.
- Back Roads, Viking Penguin, 2000
- Coal Run, Viking Penguin, 2004
- Sister Mine: A Novel, Three Rivers Press; Reprint edition, 2008
- Sister Mine, John Murray, 2008
- Fragile Beast, Crown, 2010
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Release Date: 2004-05-31
Release Date: 2008-01-10
- New York Times bestselling author of the novels Sister Mine, Coal Run, and Back Roads, which was an Oprah's Book Club pick and a Book-of-the-Month Club Main Selection
- Back Roads is currently in development to be made into a film by Michael Ohoven at Infinity Media
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.