Susan Lynn Orman
Pen Name: Suze Orman
Genres: Non-Fiction, Other;
Born: 1951 in Chicago, Illinois
Suze Orman was born and raised on Chicago's South Side. She graduated from the University of Illinois with a degree in Social work. She attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and received a B.A. in social work in 1976. In 2009, Orman received an honorary degree of doctor of humane letters from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Biographical and Professional Information
Suze Orman is a financial advisor, author, motivational speaker, and television host. She trained as an account executive for Merrill Lynch. After completing her training with Merrill Lynch, she remained at the firm until 1983 when she left to become vice-president of investments at Prudential Bache Securities.
In 1987, Orman resigned from Prudential and founded the Suze Orman Financial Group, in Emeryville, California. She was director of the firm until 1997.
Suze became a hit on public television having many financial specials based on her books. This resulted in her own television show on CNBC, The Suze Orman Show, which has been on the air since 2002. Orman received many accolades for the show including a Daytime Emmy Award for Oustanding Service show Host.
- You've Earned It, Don't Lose It: Mistakes You Can't Afford to Make When You Retire (with Linda Mead), Newmarket Press, 1997
- The Nine Steps To Financial Freedom , Riverhead, 1997
- The Courage to Be Rich, Riverhead, 1999
- The Road to Wealth, Hay House, 2001
- The Laws of Money, the Lessons of Life Keep What You Have Create What You Deserve By Suze Ormen , Free Press, 2003
- The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous and Broke, Riverhead, 2005
- Women and Money: Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny, Riverhead, 2007
- Suze Orman's 2009 Action Plan, Random House, 2009
- Women & Money: Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny, Spiegel & Grau, 2010
- The Money Class: How to Stand in Your Truth and Create the Future You Deserve , Spiegel & Grau, 2012
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.