Pen Name: None
Born: in Chicago, Illinois
Photo Credit: Jennifer Girard
Susan lives in Winnetka.
Biographical and Professional Information
Susan is a poet, playwright and the Editor of Northwestern's award-winning literary magazine - TriQuarterly and Co-Editor of Tri-Quarterly Books.
Her first play, Golf, directed by Ann Filmer, premiered in 2005 at Circle Theatre in Forest Park and her seventh book of poetry, The Scarlet Ibis, was directed by Ann as a verse play in an earlier version in 2007.
- Harriet Rubin`s Mother`s Wooden Hand, University of Chicago Press, 1991
- Incontinence, University of Chicago Press, 1993
- Confession, University of Chicago Press, 1997
- Holiday, University Of Chicago Press, 2001
- Mother in Summer, Triquarterly, 2002
- Self Pity, Northwestern University Press, 2005
- The Scarlet Ibis, Northwestern University Press, 2007
- The Note She Left, Northwestern University Press, 2008
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Harriet Rubin's Mother's Wooden Hand (Phoenix Poets)
Release Date: 1991-06-18
Holiday (Phoenix Poets)
Release Date: 2001-10-01
The Scarlet Ibis
Release Date: 2007-03-21
Release Date: 2005-08-19
Susan is the recipient of numerous awards for her poetry, including several Illinois Arts Council Literary Awards, and Illinois Arts Council Fellowship, The George Kent Prize from Poetry magazine, The Society of Midland Authors Award, two Pushcart Prizes and a 2003 Guggenheim Fellowship.
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.