Sally A. Kitt Chappell
Pen Name: Sally Chappell
Born in: Topeka, Kansas
Sally A. Kitt Chappell went to the University of Chicago for her MA degree and transferred to Northwestern for her PhD in architectural history.
Biographical and Professional Information
Chappell is professor emeritus of art and architecture at DePaul University. After a career of teaching at DePaul, she became a free-lance writer. She has been published in many periodicals including The New York Times and is the author of the award-winning Architecture and Planning of Graham, Anderson, Probst, and White, 1912–1936 and Cahokia: Mirror of the Cosmos, both published by the University of Chicago Press.
Chappell also serves as a trustee of the Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts.
- The Plan of Chicago 1909 1979, Art Institute of Chicago, 1979 - Written with Robert Bruegmann and John Zukowsky
- Barry Byrne and John Lloyd Wright: Architecture and Design, University of Chicago Press, 1982
- Architecture and Planning of Graham, Anderson, Probst and White, University of Chicago Press, 1992
- Cahokia: Mirror of the Cosmos, University of Chicago Press, 2002
- Chicago's Urban Nature: A Guide to the City's Architecture + Landscape, University of Chicago Press, 2007
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
The Plan of Chicago 1909 1979
Release Date: 1979-12
Architecture and Planning of Graham, Anderson, Probst and White, 1912-1936: Transforming Tradition (Chicago Architecture and Urbanism)
Release Date: 1992-06-15
Chicago's Urban Nature: A Guide to the City's Architecture + Landscape
Release Date: 2007-07-01
Most Outstanding Book in Architecture and Urban Planning Award from the Association of American Publishers, 1992
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.