40th President of the United States
Pen Name: None
Born: February 6, 1911 in Tampico, Illinois
Died: June 5, 2004 in Bel Air, Los Angeles, California
Reagan was born in Tampico, Illinois and briefly lived in several towns and cities in Illinois, including Monmouth, Galesburg, Dixon and Chicago. He attended Dixon High School and attended Eureka College in Illinois.
Biographical and Professional Information
Ronald Reagan was the 40th President of the United States (1981–1989) and the thirty-third Governor of California (1967–1975).
After graduating from Eureka College in 1932, Reagan went to Iowa to audition for jobs at small-town radio stations. He got a job broadcasting University of Iowa home football games for the Hawkeyes. Soon after, a staff announcer's job opened at radio station WOC in Davenport, and Reagan was hired. He soon moved to WHO radio in Des Moines as an announcer for Chicago Cubs baseball games.
While traveling with the Cubs in California, Reagan took a screen test in 1937 that led to a seven-year contract with Warner Brothers studios. He spent the majority of his Hollywood career acting in "B" films.
- Where's the Rest of Me? The Autobiography of Ronald Reagan, Karz Pubs, 1981
- Ronald Reagan: In God I Trust, Tyndale House Publishers, 1984
- Ronald Reagan, a Man True to his Word, National Federation of Republican Women, 1985
- The Common Sense of an Uncommon Man: The Wit, Wisdom, and Eternal Optimism of Ronald Reagan, Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1998
- Ronald Reagan, An American Life, Pocket Books, 1999
- Abortion and the Conscience of the Nation, New Regency Pub, 2001
- Reagan, In His Own Hand: The Writings of Ronald Reagan That Reveal His Revolutionary Vision for America, Free Press, 2001
- The Greatest Speeches of Ronald Reagan, Newsmax.com, 2003
- Reagan, A Life in Letters, Free Press, 2003
- Speaking My Mind: Selected Speeches, Simon & Schuster, 2004
- The Reagan Diaries, HarperPress, 2007
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Where's the Rest of Me? The Autobiography of Ronald Reagan
Release Date: 1981-03
Ronald Reagan: In God I Trust
Release Date: 1984
The Common Sense of an Uncommon Man: The Wit, Wisdom, and Eternal Optimism of Ronald Reagan
Release Date: 1998-10-07
An American Life
Release Date: 1999-10-01
Abortion and the Conscience of the Nation (New edition/issue)
Release Date: 2001-05-01
Reagan, In His Own Hand: The Writings of Ronald Reagan that Reveal His Revolutionary Vision for America
Release Date: 2001-02-06
The Greatest Speeches of Ronald Reagan
Release Date: 2003-01-31
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.