Robert William Fogel
Pen Name: None
Born: 1926 in New York City
Fogel lives and works in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Fogel is a Nobel Prize-winning economist at the University of Chicago.
- Union Pacific Railroad : A Case in Premature Enterprise, University Microfilms Ltd., 1960
- Time on the Cross: The Economics of American Negro Slavery, W. W. Norton & Co. , 1974
- Which Road to the Past?, with G.F. Elton, Yale University Press, 1985
- Without Consent or Contract: The Rise and Fall of American Slavery, W.W. Norton & Co., 1989
- Economic Growth, Population Theory and Physiology: The bearing of long-term processes on economic policy,National Bureau of Economic Research, 1994
- The Fourth Great Awakening and the Future of Egalitarianism, University of Chicago Press, 2000
- The Slavery Debates 1952-1990, Louisiana State University Press, 2006
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Which Road to the Past?: Two Views of History
Release Date: 1983-11
Without Consent or Contract: The Rise and Fall of American Slavery (Norton Paperback)
Release Date: 1994-08-17
The Fourth Great Awakening and the Future of Egalitarianism
Release Date: 2002-08-01
Nobel Peace Prize in economics in 1993 and Charles R. Walgreen Distinguished Service Professor of American Institutions
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.