Pen Name: None
Born: 1952 in Cleveland, Ohio
McChesney currently lives in Illinois.
Biographical and Professional Information
Bob McChesney is a research professor in the Institute of Communications Research and the Graduate School of Information and Library Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is also host of Media Matters, weekly radio show, featuring him in conversations with a variety of guests.
McChesney co-edits the History of Communication Series for the University of Illinois Press, serves on the editorial boards of several journals, and is a research advisor to numerous academic and civic organizations.
- Global Media, The Missionaries of Global Capitalism, Cassell, 1998
- Our Media, Not Theirs, The Democratic Struggle Against Corporate Media, Seven Stories Press, 2003
- The Problem of the Media: U.S. Communication Politics in the Twenty-First Century, Monthly Review, 2004
- The Political Economy of Media: Enduring Issues, Emerging Dilemmas, Monthly Review, 2008
- The Death and Life of American Journalism: The Media Revolution that Will Begin the World Again, Nation books, 2010
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Our Media, Not Theirs: The Democratic Struggle against Corporate Media (Open Media Series)
Release Date: 2002-12-03
The Problem of the Media: U.S. Communication Politics in the Twenty-First Century
Release Date: 2004-03-01
The Political Economy of Media: Enduring Issues, Emerging Dilemmas
Release Date: 2008-05-01
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.