Richard D. Alexander
Pen Name: None
Born: 1929 in White Heath, Illinois
- Alexander was born in White Heath, Illinois
Biographical and Professional Information
Richard D. Alexander is a Retired Professor of Biology, a Farmer and a Writer. He currently resides in Michigan.
Alexander was a Rockefeller Foundation research associate at Ohio State University and was an instructor, assistant professor , associate professor, profesor of biology and curator of insects at Museum of Zoology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He has published about 140 articles and books, and two phonograph records of insect sounds, between 1954 and the present.
Alexander edited The Biology of the Naked Mole Rat with other authors.
- Singing Insects: Four Case Histories in the Study of Animal Species., Rand McNally Patterns of Life Series, 1967
- Natural Selection and Social Behavior: Recent Research and Theory., Aldine de Gruyter Press, 1981
- Darwinism and Human Affairs, University of Washington Press, 1982
- The Australian Crickets: 376 new species, 40 new genera, Philadelphia Academy of Natural Sciences Monograph, 1983
- The Biology of Moral Systems, Aldine Transaction, 1987
- Mom's Story: The Live of Katharine Elizabeth Heath Alexander Stutzenstein, Woodlane Farm Books , 1991
- Teaching Yourself to Train Your Horse, Woodlane Farm Books, 2001
- Club 48: A Personal Account of Blackburn College and the Men of Butler Basement, Woodlane Farm Books, 2001
- Playin Cowboy. The Coontail Blue and Other Horse Tales, Woodlane Farm Books, 2006
- Thumping on Trees, Woodlane Farm Books, 2010
- Pop's Story. A Midwestern Farm Boy's Memories of Times with His Father, Woodlane Farm Books, 2010
- The Red Fox and Johnny Valentine's Blue-Speckled Hound, Woodlane Farm Books, 2010
Titles at Your Library
Natural Selection and Social Behavior: Recent Research and New Theory
Release Date: 1981-10
Teaching Yourself to Train Your Horse: Simplicity, Consistency, and Common Sense from Foal to Comfortable Riding Horse
Release Date: 2010-02-01
Thumping on Trees
Release Date: 2010-02-01
The Red Fox and Johnny Valentine's Blue-Speckled Hound
Release Date: 2010-04-06
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Alexander still lectures at universities on the subjects of Human Behavior and Evlolution and HorseSocial Behavior. He still farms and raises livestock, so he can't travel for lecturing without much notice.
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.