Rachell N. Anderson
Pen Name: None
Genres: Non-Fiction, Poetry
Born: 1942 in Tunica, Mississippi
Anderson is a retired professor from the Human Services Program at the University of Illinois, Springfield campus. She received her doctorate of psychology in Clinical Psychology from the Adler School of Professional Psychology in Chicago and Master’s degrees from Northern Illinois University and the University of Illinois at Springfield.
Biographical and Professional Information
Dr. Anderson is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Professor Emeritus and an Author. She ran a private clinical practice in Springfield, Illinois from 1974 until she retired in July, 2008. For twenty years, Dr. Anderson taught clinical courses to graduate students and served as Chair of the Department of Human Services at the University of Illinois at Springfield. She served as the Human Services chair from 1999 until 2006.
She has lectured widely, served as vice president and chair of the publications committee for the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology. She founded the Central Illinois Society of Adlerian Psychology, served as Co-President of the Central Illinois Psychological Society, and is a member of the American Association of Black Psychologists, the National Organization of Human Services and the American Psychological Association.
Dr. Anderson has authored several books and since retirement has volunteered 4 clinical hours a week at the Church Health Center in Memphis and facilitated the Writer’s Workshop at the Tunica Museum in Tunica, Mississippi.
- Wives, Mothers and Other Women, Marriage and Family Life Education Center, 1988
- Responsible Children in Today's World: A Guide for Parents, Marriage and Family Life Education Center, 1992
- Blind Spots and Highlights, Marriage and Family Life Education Center, 1998
- Before Our Eyes: A Chronical of Emotional Healing and Personal Growth, Marriage and Family Life Education Center, 2001
- The Legacy Continues Writing Healing Stories, Marriage and Family Life Education Center, 2004
- Run Turkeys, Run:Fifty Years of Celebrating Family, coming out in November 2011
Titles at Your Library
Wives, mothers, and other women: Poems about women and their issues
Release Date: 1988
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.